Suspicious

He ended the call and turned to face me. His expressions were filled with worry but it was looking like he was trying to hide it away.
"Who was it?" I asked as he shrugged and looked away from my sight.
"Just work." He said as I frowned. I knew that he was hiding something from me.
"Really?" 
"Yea.. We're having problems at base, new trainees." He said as I nodded, still suspicious. 

"Alright then, I'll be off. Got some work to do." He said as I nodded and he left. 
Today was quite a weird day. Everyone was acting so damn suspicious, or was it just my imagination..? Must be.

A few hours were spent with me talking to Chloe on the face time. I missed her awfully. We talked about our lives at the moment, turns out, she was clubbing every weekend and I was trapped here with nothing to do.
"Oh come on, you'll find something to do. Besides, I'm happy that you two are finally together." She said as I shrugged.
"Yeah, I don't really know about that.." I said as she frowned.
"What do you mean?" 
"We haven't really talked about those 'being together' terms." I said as she raised an eyebrow.
"Oh.. I- don't know what to say. I mean, then what are you two? Friends.. with benefits?" She snickered as I rolled my eyes. "Ew, no." I scoffed.

We talked about an hour or two, catching up on each other's lives and then finally ended the call since she had to go to work. 
I kept thinking about what she said earlier. What are we really? I mean I haven't told him the truth and we're not really together. This feels so complicated.

"Isabella?" I heard a voice through the door and opened it to see Tyler.
"Yeah?"
"I received a message. Aiden won't be able to come home for a few days." He said as I widened my eyes.
"What?"
"Where is he?"
"He's has some work to attend to." He said as I frowned. 
"Tyler what's going on?" 
"It's nothing. He'll be here in some time." He said, walking away and leaving me in curiosity.

That's it, I can't really live here anymore. Each day my boredom was overcoming my routine and I had nothing to do except wait for him to come home and it was almost night and I had spent the whole day thinking about him, and now I get to know that I won't see him for another week.

A random thought flashed in my brain, but why not?
"Can one of your drivers take me somewhere?" I said as he stopped and turned to face me.
"Where?"
"That place by the lake." I said as a smile appeared on his face and he nodded. I really wanted to go somewhere where I could have no restrictions and wanted to escape from all this.
I packed my bag with a few clothes, deciding to spend a few days there until Aiden comes back home and I made sure that I kept a pair of his sweatshirts, I needed to feel close to him.

After a while I saw a car waiting for me in the driveway and said goodbye to Tyler. The car drove past the house and about half and hour later it stopped at a distance where the road ends. I got out and walked further, pulling out the keys from my pocket. At a distance I could see the lake and when I walked further, I saw the house. The place was quiet and tranquil, which was perfect for me since I needed some time away from the world.

The guard made sure to follow me until I got into the house. When I switched on the lights, the place was exactly the same, I remembered the time when Aiden brought me here. I blushed at the memory when we kissed and most importantly, he opened up to me that day when he talked about his past and his life at the moment.

To my surprise, everything was neat and tidy, even when no one visited the place it was kept orderly. 
I opened the refrigerator and saw that it was full of delicacies that made my mood even happier. There was a guitar kept on a stand in the living room and that cheered me up, since playing the guitar was one of my hobbies and I could play it for hours long without getting bored.

I heated up a bowl of meatballs and spaghetti kept in the refrigerator and ate my dinner. 
I had to turn on the heater since it was too cold in the night because the house was near the lake. I peeked out the window to see that a few guards were already standing outside and keeping an eye on the house. This made me a bit disappointed since I needed the time to myself but I simply couldn't help it when Aiden became overprotective.

____________

2K reads!! OMG Thank you so much for the support everyone!! I'll try to post new chapters as soon as possible. Happy reading! x