Clandestine

"You're hiding something from me, aren't you?" The air tensed as I observed his expressions; cold as ice but fire lay beneath it's surface, hidden with secrets and clandestine which made me filled with suspicion.

"Go to sleep, Isa." his words cut through the gravel of tensed air between us and I shook my head, not wanting to obey him and let go of another moment to reveal his past. I wanted to know all about him and I didn't want to feel like just another person who is a stranger to him and knows nothing about his life.

"I'll not go until you tell me what all of this is about." I said as he sighed deeply.
"Don't test my patience." His words were filled with a hint of anger but I wasn't going to get scared away by his rage.

"Jesus, why are you like this!" I cried out and ran my finger through my hair in frustration.
"You don't want me know anything about you, to get to know you and at the same time you expect me to marry you and spend the rest of my life with you!" I let out a breath of exasperation.

When there was no response, I just scoffed and shook my head as if trying to show him that it was no use trying to argue with a wall. And then I just left his room and requested Maria to arrange another room for me, where I could be alone and away from him. She was bit confused but then didn't ask much question and arranged a room for me, a bit further away from Aiden's.

It was night and silence filled the corridors of the place. Everyone had gone to sleep but I just couldn't; The whole time I kept thinking about what Emilia said to me and kept wondering what had happened between her and Aiden.

A few hours later, I was finally asleep.
Red and yellow lights blurred through the floor-to-ceiling windows and into the dark room.
I glanced at the clock which read one a.m. 
I looked around to see a man sitting on the edge of the bed and I got up quickly, fear settling in my pulse. I flicked on the lights and it was quickly replaced with relief. 

He was sitting on the edge of the bed, facing his back towards me as he glanced out of the window.
Considering his dominating behavior, he must've threatened someone to tell him about which room I was in.

He looked over his shoulder, as he heard motion. Glancing me, he sighed.
"It's time you know about the past, amore."  His words were deep and were filled with hidden secrets as he continued and I listened carefully. A part of me was relieved that he was finally opening up to me but deep inside I had a fear for the things I was going to hear at the moment.

"I was eighteen when my father had signed a contract with the Romano mafia. They had wealth, power and the one more thing." He shrugged but then continued, "Emilia Romano, the daughter of the leader of that mafia. My father thought that it would be a boon to his business if he joined forces with him, and the only way possible to do this, was to arrange my marriage with Emilia." He said as I processed all of what I had just heard.

"So we started hanging out and I hated it, I hated all of it. So I played along. I started taking her to dates and I acted like I was getting close to her and shit." He sighed deeply and said the next words which left me agape.

"Her father accepted our proposal only because she was a virgin. Clean and pure. That's was the only thing which fascinated my father to let me marry her. And  grew so sick of it that when my father played his death, I took her virginity and then killed her father so that no one bothers me anymore." Blood thrummed in my veins as I widened my eyes, I wasn't sure if I had heard it right or not, but this was not the Aiden I had met before. That's when I realized he was called the devil for a reason; he was cold and so barbaric that it scared people, and it scared me.

"And then I left her, she kept begging me to fix her reputation but I was so hell bent on ruining that girl, just because of my fucking father." He grit his teeth and breathed the cold air.

Turning towards me, he looked into my eyes and I saw the cold and dark flicker in his eyes again.
"That's everything for me you need to know." 

___________