Home

POV - Isabella.

I entered my room, everything was the same as I had left it. I walked towards my closet and picked out clothes and went for a bath.

I kept thinking about what would happen tomorrow, Aiden always seemed filled with rage whenever he saw my father, I saw the way he clenched his fist trying to hold down his anger.

I wash the soap and dry myself with the towel being careful with the wounds.
I wear my clothes and lay on the bed while wondering what Aiden must be planning at the moment. I look at the clock, it was 11 pm and I was so tired because I wasn't able to sleep all these days.

I close my eyes and listen to the birds outside my window, I've always felt close to nature and when no one was there with me I would go to the parks and listen to the birds, the rustle of leaves and the morning with a blue sky and a gentle breeze.
Nature always made me happy, and I somehow felt that all my strain disappeared when I just walked around the tranquility.

 ----------------

I wake up, realizing that I sweating. I look outside the window it was still dark, I turn to look at the time, it was 3 am. I sigh and get out of bed and leave my room to walk downstairs towards the kitchen.
I see Aiden on the counter with a glass of whiskey in his hand. Doesn't he sleep? I walk inside the kitchen and he looks towards me. "Can't sleep?" he asks.
"Yeah." I sigh and take a glass and fill it with water. He looks at me and offers me a drink.
"No thanks." I reply and he slightly frowns. "You don't drink?" he asks.
"I do, but it's not really my taste." I say while pointing at his whiskey.

He slightly smiles, "You don't like Scotch?"
"Yeah." I say with an awkward grin and he scoffs. 
"So what will you have then?" he asks and I look at him.
"No, I really don't want anything right now." I say. I never liked the taste of the bitter alcohol people always hyped up about, it's not that I never tasted it, it's just that I didn't develop a taste for it.

He nods in response. Silence fills the room, I sit beside him and he takes a sip from his glass.
I glance at his fingers holding the glass, the rings he was wearing and the tattoo on his finger.
Our eyes meet and I quickly look away, I flush when I notice that he was looking at me when I was almost gazing him.
"The ball- um" I say, breaking the silence and he looks towards me.
"What time is it?" I ask.
"8:00." He replies and I nod.
"Why, what happened?" he asks.
"Um- nothing. I was just asking the time since I have to get ready." I say awkwardly and he nods.

"Do you have a dress?" He asks, I almost widen my eyes on hearing him. He's asking me for a dress?
"Um- I'll find something in the closet." I reply hastily, knowing that I don't have any alluring formal dresses in there. I keep on looking forward while playing with my hands, trying to manage myself in the absolute awkwardness.
He sighs and looks towards me, I try not to maintain an eye contact with him because... okay I don't know why, but I just can't!

"I know you don't have those kind of dresses." He says with a deep voice. How does he know?
I sigh and keep playing with my hands clumsily.
He holds my hands while stopping me, making me let out a slight gasp.
"Stop playing with your hands." he snapped and I looked at him before he let go of my hand.
I swear, whenever he touches me, I don't know why but I get this different sensation that tingles around my body.

Silence fills the room again, his scent was all covered with alcohol by now and his eyes were slightly red from the scotch.
He manages to stand up, and he walks away leaving the room. Well, this was awkward, wasn't it?
I sigh and finish my water and walk upstairs to my room.
It was almost 4 o'clock by now, I lay on my bed thinking about what will happen today.
A thought flashes in my mind out of nowhere, what happened to Chloe? I hadn't talked to her since I ran to New York and all of this happened.

Chloe had been my best friend since I was in the 2nd grade. She knew all about my father and his mafia, but she always kept my secret and I shared everything with her. She knew me well and I must say that she understands me more than anyone.
I keep thinking about my time with her.
I also have to tell Aiden to get me my phone back, I have to call her.

 I hear a knock on my door, I get up from my bed and open the door.

_______________