Strain

I hear a knock on my door, I get up from my bed and open the door.
"Hey." Tyler says and I greet him with a smile.
He was holding a large box in his hands, "Hey." I reply and he enters the room and places the box on the table.
"What's in that?" I ask, satisfying my curiosity.
He looks at me and slightly smiles, "What do you think?" He raises his eyebrow with an expression of excitement on his face.

I stare him, still having no idea of what is in the box.
"Did Aiden promise you something?" he asks while grinning.
"Did Aiden..... Oh- is it the um- dress?" I say awkwardly, he gave me a dress? That's... sweet but I didn't expect him to.
Tyler nods in elation and I giggle and rush towards the box.
I open it to see the most beautiful dress I had ever seen. It had a glittery royal blue color and it was the most elegant dress I was ever going to wear.

I gasp while looking at the beauty of that dress and Tyler chuckles from the behind.
"It's gorgeous!!" I chirp in excitement and he keeps looking at my reaction while smiling.
"Thank you so much!" I say.
"Oh I'm just the porter. Thank him, he picked it out for you." he says and I look at him while smiling.
"But wait-" I say.
"We just talked a few minutes ago, how did he knew that I would need a dress?" I say and he laughs, making me confused.

"He already picked it out for you when he returned back here." he says and I slightly nod while still processing the fact how beautiful the dress is.
"Alright then, I'll leave you to admire the dress." he says with a scoff and I smile and wave him goodbye as he leaves my room.

I sigh and hold the dress in my hands placing it on me while looking in the mirror. I look at myself, noticing that my cheeks had slightly turned red from the excitement, I giggle while realizing why Tyler was laughing so much.
I manage to find a mannequin in my closet. 'Perks of being in a big mansion' I laugh while thinking to myself.
I gently put the dress on the mannequin and admire it.

I look at the clock, it was almost 6 in the morning and the sun was almost rising. Time does pass quickly.
I leave my room and walk downstairs to the dining arena, to find breakfast.
No one was there so I silently pulled out the cereal from the cupboard and milk from the fridge and sit on the table while having my breakfast.
I turn around, hearing the door open. Tyler walks in while stomping in anger and grabs a glass and a bottle of whiskey from the cupboard and pours it in his glass.
He raises his head to look at me and his expressions change.
"Didn't see you here." he says, trying be as calm as possible but I don't know why he was so angry at the moment. He takes a large sip of his whiskey.

"Too early isn't it?" I say while raising an eyebrow and he looks at me. He had a cut on his upper lip, he had been in a fight.
"Just making my day better." He says, sarcastically and I sigh.
"What's wrong?" I ask and he takes another sip and pours some more in his glass.
He looks at me, "I'm fine!" he says while hiding his emotions.
I look at him, sarcastically forming a flat line on my lips and he sighs.

He takes another sip from his glass and I get up from my chair and walk closer to him and grab his glass and he looks at me with rage filled in his eyes and I keep up my courage to look him straight in the eye.
"Tell me." I urge and he looks down.
He looks in my eyes and moves closer to me and I take a step back, I could sense that his alcohol has started to kick in.
"Tyler." I say while raising an eyebrow and he sighs.
"This." he says and I frown in confusion. "What?" I ask, trying to understand him.
"I'll tell you another day." he grumbles and leaves the room, leaving me in absolute confusion.
What was he trying to say?

I sigh and leave the room and walk upstairs to my room.
I reach the floor and hear a sound of something breaking from Aiden office.
I walk towards his office and gently open the door.
I see Aiden standing in front of a broken vase, with an expression of rage.
"Fuck!" he snarls and turns to look at me. His expressions change and he runs his hands through his hair in frustration.

I move closer to him and he looks down, "What's wrong?" I ask him softly and he looks at me.
"You won't understand" He grumbles and turns away.
I frown and walk towards him.
"What. Is . Wrong?!" I speak loud and clear, to show him my frustration. I was irritated by him and Tyler being so conspicuous. He looks at me.

"I'll tell you when we come back from the ball." He says dominantly making me obey him.
I don't know why but I'm always pulled into whatever he demands.

_____________