Bliss

"I have a call to make." He says and gets up from the table. I watch him walk towards the balcony as he dialed a number. I took a bite of the heavenly stake and the salads, the food was just amazing and I was probably enjoying it too much since I didn't have a proper meal for days.
By the time Aiden returned, looking ablaze with anger as he took a seat.
"What's wrong?" I asked as he stayed silent and was trying to subdue his pique.
"Aiden?" I insisted and he shot me a glare as I stayed silent.
He sighed, "My father.." I looked at him as he spoke.
"He's manipulating my people to join him. He's building up his own mafia and going against me. Ruining my assets." he hissed and closed his eyes, trying his best not to show his rage.

I was taken aback from what he just said. I knew his father, he was the person who helped my father to kidnap me and hurt Aiden, and now this? I could see the frustration and fury on Aiden's face as he spoke of him.
He looked at me as his expressions softened. "Let's not ruin you special day." He said as he insisted me to eat my steak. 
"You're not ruining anything, you're sharing something with me and I like it when you do so." I said as he glanced at me. There was an awkward silence between us so I just decided to finish my food. Inside my mind, my brain was elating me for the thing that I finally managed to say, I liked it when he shared something with me.

We finished our meal and got up from the table, on our way downstairs we met the owner again and thanked him for the wonderful time we had. Aiden didn't pay for any of this, maybe the owner worked for him?
We drove to the house and when we reached there, I saw a black SUV on the driveway. The car stopped as I got out of it. When I entered the house, I saw Chloe yelp and rush towards me, taking me in her arms as I returned her hug in an equally cheerful way. We both were delighted to see each other and I was happy that she was here. But the only question was, how did she reach here?

After a while, I took her in my room and we binged on loads of ice cream while talking to each other.
"So, they basically kidnapped you?" I said while she rolled her eyes.
"Yeah! At first I thought that they were going to kill me. I didn't want to die without wishing you." She said as I snorted with laughter.
"So, what are your plans for the day?" She asked as I glanced her.
"I don't know.. I just spend the days here without moving a muscle, so I don't have any plans for today." I said and she watched me while listening to what I said.
"Did you have sex?" She asked as I widened my eyes and my cheeks turned crimson.
"Jesus, what is it with you and sex?" I scoffed and she slipped a smirk.

"But.. did you?" 
"No!" I grabbed a pillow and slammed it on her face as she couldn't control her laughter.
I looked at her and gave her a roguish smile.
"What?" She said with a baffled look.
"How's Chris?" I nudged her and she smirked. "Well, you know me.. I follow the date and dump rule." She winked at me as I scoffed.

I heard the door knock and I opened it to see a letter on the doormat with a box near it. I picked it up and read it carefully. 
"What is it?" Chloe asked as I grinned happily. She raised an eyebrow to hear my response.
"An invitation."
"For what?"
"Tonight. Dinner." I said with a smile on my face as she clapped with glee. 
"Oh, the wonderful rich food!" She cried out in happiness as I giggled. I was delighted to spend my special day in a place like this. I opened the box to reveal a beautiful black dress which glimmered in beauty. Chloe and I both gasped at the same time after seeing the gorgeous dress. My eyes shifted from the dress to a note which was stuck on its strap.

Wear this tonight. ~ A.
I smiled and pulled it closer to my chest, hugging it tightly.
"You really do like him." Chloe said as I nodded softly. This was the first time I had ever accepted the fact without any hesitation, because deep down I knew that this was the truth and I really did like him.

_____________