Shouldn't you..

We had left the library a few minutes ago and were driving along the street as I looked out of the window to look what was happening in this bustling city.

The car stopped in front of a huge building and it didn't take me much time to realize that it was a massive and extremely costly restaurant. Deep down I had grown tired of the rich gourmet food cooked to perfection and what I missed was the cheap fast food.
"Um- can we go to another place instead?" He looked at me with an amused expression.

"And why is that?"
"No reason. I just wanted a break from the extremely lavish food I'm getting to eat nowadays." He chuckled lightly and started the car again.
"As you say. Where do you want to go?"

"Just down the corner, I know a place." I said as he nodded and started the car again.
We stopped in front of a restaurant which was quite small but I knew the place since it was owned by one of the relatives of Chloe. Aunt Edna was a charming lady and she worked quite hard to earn money and live a life of happiness. I had known her for a long time and had seen her at Chloe's house a lot of times whenever I went there.
She would always invite me to this restaurant in New York and here I am. 

 We entered the place as the smell of barbequed food was filled in the surroundings. A few people were on the counter, sipping the alcohol and cheap beers and the rest of the people had occupied a few tables in the room.

"Oh my! Isabella!" I hear a voice from the counter and turned my face to see Aunt Edna standing there while waving at us.
A smile appeared on my face as I waved back and walked towards her. Aiden shrugged and followed me.

"Hi Aunt Edna." I hugged her and she smiled while looking at me.
"Dear god. What a surprise! How are you darling?" 
"I'm good. How're you?" 
"Oh, you know me. I've been working my ass off in this place. Can't get a jolly good sober customer up here. All desperately need alcohol these days." And there it was, the chitter chatter of the lady which never seemed to stop.

"I see you've brought a friend!" She eyes me before smiling and greeting Aiden with a handshake.
"Aiden Hernandez. Pleasured to meet you." He introduced himself and Aunt Edna smiled at him.
"I'm Edna Smith. You can call me Edna." She said and then turned to face me.

"So, what brings you here?" She raised an eyebrow.
"Oh, I was just in the city so I decided to visit you and this place." She smiled and nodded.
"What will you have?" 
"Fried chicken and chips?" A grin appeared on her face and she nodded. 
I have always loved to have the fried chicken and chips that Aunt Edna makes.

"And what about the young man?" She looked at Aiden as he shrugged.
"Just the same." He said and she directed us to a table a few steps away.
We sat on the cushioned sofa, facing each other.

"So, she's your Aunt?"
"Not really. She's a relative of Chloe, quite close to her family. I've met her a few times when I visited her house." I said as he nodded. 

A few moments later Edna arrived with a tray laced with the food we ordered and two glasses of beer. I frowned. "I didn't order beer." I said.
"I know. But I did." Aiden said as I looked at him and nodded. Aunt Edna gave me a glance and sighed.

"Enjoy the food." Edna plastered a smile and left us.
"She doesn't seem to like me." He said as I chuckled. "She doesn't like people who order alcohol." 
"Well then I think I'll order one more." He smirked as I shook my head with a scoff.

I realize how long it's been since I've had the cheap fast food which takes me back to the time when Edna used to cook for us back at Chloe's home. Closing my eyes, I savor the taste of familiarity, the flavors of Aunt Edna's cooking, and let out a quiet, "Mmmm." When I open them, Aiden is watching me, his jaw slowing working the food as he chews.

"You eat like you're making love to it." He said as I scoffed. A slight blush appeared on my face.
"I missed Edna's cooking and I like food." 
"Shouldn't you enjoy what you like?" I said as a faint smirk appeared on his face.
"Yes, very much." He said as I tried to hide my smile and focus on my food.

Once we had finished, he payed for the meal and we waved Edna goodbye. 
As we reached the parking lot and sat in the car Aiden turned to face me. With a swift movement he placed his hand on my neck and kissed me. 

His hand trailed down my waist down to my hips and he grabbed it tightly. A moan escaped my lips as his kiss lowered down to my neck. "What are you doing?" My words were breathless.
"Shouldn't you enjoy what you like?" He whispered in my ear as the heat in the pit of my stomach rose and my breath quickened.

____________