Ashamed?

POV - Isabella

It had been quite a while since we had reached home. I had taken a shower and was sitting in bed while sipping wine. 

Aiden was in his office to attend to some business, as he said.

Remembering the moment we had in the car made me flush to an instant. The words he said to me which me crave him more and more, his touch and taste were addictive to my senses.

The door opened, just to reveal the man I was thinking about at the moment. He walked towards me as I looked at him. 
He stood in front of me, lowering his gaze on me and observed me for a stray moment.

"There are- a few people coming to visit me in the evening for something urgent." He shrugged and continued, "I want you to stay in the room." He said as I slightly frowned.
"I don't want them to see you, do you understand?" His tone was soft yet demanding.

I had no choice but to obey his command, but I wondered why he didn't want me to come out of the room. Was he ashamed of my presence? A random thought, but I pushed it away and nodded.

"Good." He stepped back and walked towards the table, pouring a glass of whiskey from the decanter. 

"Are you ashamed of me?" I said with a tiny voice. He stopped pouring at once when he heard my question and stood still. My heart was thumping faster, as I was wondering if I had said something wrong. Oh, I definitely had.

He shot me a glare, the silence was burning with temper as he placed the decanter back to its place and walked towards me. Cupping my chin in his palm, he looked into my eyes.
"There couldn't be anything about you ever, that I would be ashamed of. You have the power to catch every fucking man who melts at your sight. You should wear it like a fucking crown."

He breathed and moved closer to me. "Don't you ever say that again, or I'll be ashamed of myself for giving you the slightest idea of such disgusted thoughts."

The heat in the pit of my stomach rose once again, passing a strange feeling across my body.
His finger trailed down my lips before he withdrew his hand and walked away, taking the glass of alcohol in his hands, he left the room.

__

I stayed in my room just as he promised,  yet I was hearing a few faint voices of men talking to each other about something I couldn't clearly hear about.

"Eavesdropping isn't a good habit." I heard a familiar voice and turned to see a man I had had a conversation with, just a few weeks ago; Enrico.

I gasped at the sight of him. He was sitting on the chair beside my bed, dressed in a formal attire.
I frowned in confusion.
"How did you get in here?" My voice was low and I could feel the blood running through my veins.

"Never mind that. I'm just here to grab a few things." He said while getting up as I stepped back, getting close to the door. 
He avoided me and walked towards the decanter, pouring himself a glass of whiskey and drank it at once.

His gaze fell on me again.
"Now, where were we? Ah, yes. Grabbing a few things." He walked closer to me and my breath quickened, wondering what would happen right now.

My mind was racing with thoughts; I couldn't go outside since Aiden had ordered me not to, but this man here was promising me any good deeds. 
I turned and ran towards the door, but before I could reach it, I felt him grab me by my shoulders and he placed his hand, covering my mouth. I tried to scream but it was only turned to muffled voices anyone could barely hear.

I widened my eyes in fear and tried to push him away with my hands but he was too strong. I tried running away, but his clasp was inviolable.

"Hush now, or else they'll hear you. And you wouldn't want any blood spilled here, would you?" He whispered in my ear as I cried out in muffled voices.

I felt a piercing sting into my neck and withing a few seconds, everything was turning blur an hazy. I felt like I wouldn't be able to stand anymore; I tried fighting my senses to keep myself awake and not close my eyes but I wasn't successful anymore. 

Darkness filled my sight, bringing me to unconsciousness. 

___________