Invite

POV - Isabella

I woke up with the sound of my cell phone buzzing. Disoriented between sleep and wakefulness, I grabbed my phone to see who was calling me at this hour.

I opened my eyes to peek into the phone since there was too much light filled inside the room.

An unknown number. I pick up the call to answer it.
"Hello?"
"Isabella, is that you?" A familiar voice, but I wasn't able to really find out who it actually was.
"Yeah. Um- who's this?" 

"It's me, Laura. How are you?" She said as I smiled on the other end of the call. 
"Laura! Yeah, I'm good. How've you been?"
"Pretty chill out here back in Paris. Seems to be the place I belong to." She said with a chuckle. When did she go to Paris?

"Oh. You're in Paris? That's great."
"Yeah. I got your number from Aiden, though. Just wanted to talk to you about something."
She said with a hint of excitement in her voice.
"What is it?" 
"Well, I met this man a couple years ago.. and we started dating and stuff." She said as I listened to her words carefully.

"So, a few weeks earlier he proposed to me! And I called you to invite you to our wedding, which is in three weeks." She shrieked in glee as I widened my eyes. Wedding? Wow.

"Oh my god. I'm so happy for you!" I said with a smile all over my face.
"Thanks. Well, the wedding is going to as lavish as possible so pack up your clothes soon!!" She giggled as I did the same. We talked for another moment and she told me much about her life in Paris. Turns out, she had a job which kept her happy. Her lifestyle was quite pretty and calm and I was happy for her.

When I ended the call, I looked around the room to search for Aiden, but didn't keep my hopes up that I would find him anyway.
A thought brought me to my inquisitive thinking, who were those people I saw yesterday when I visited the backyard? And, what was Aiden talking about when he referred to the danger I could get into?

Shaking my head, I got up from the bed and went outside the room to go downstairs.

POV - Aiden

While sitting at the table I looked outside the window, glancing at the crisp sunlight falling onto the leaves in the garden. 
I was brought back into the reality by the sound of footsteps.
Turning around, I saw Isabella walking towards me with a gentle smile which appeared on her face after seeing me. 

Not that I decide to stay home everyday, but today I wasn't in a mood for boring business deals and meaningless torture to people.

"Hey." She said while walking towards the fridge and pulling out a can of milk. While she was pouring down the cereal breakfast in her bowl, I watched her. She had just woken up and was wearing a casual  She had a skin tone of purity which made me remember what she felt like beneath my touch; soft and gentle.
Her flawless body wrapped around me as the moans escaped her lips; My hands along her waist, pulling her towards me; Her nails digging into my skin.
This girl.. is the girl of my dreams.

She lowered her gaze from me and continued eating her breakfast.
Deep inside my mind I was still angry at her because of yesterday since I told her that the backyard stays off limits and she disobeyed the rules, putting herself in danger and now all the men know about this girl.

But my conscious was telling me to forgive her; I didn't talk to her much, I guess that's what my nature with everyone was. But staying with her made me feel like I needed to change, become a better person who would keep her safe and she could rely on me any moment of her life.

I wanted to be the man for her who would do anything in his power to keep her safe and happy as long as she is within my reach.
God, what is she doing to me?

"Laura called me." She said, breaking the awkward silence between us. Laura had told me about her boyfriend a couple weeks ago but I never took her as a girl who could fall in love so much that she would agree to marry the man. But then, she was my sister after all and I am happy as long as she is.

"What did she say?" I took interest in her conversation to make her comfortable. Though, I knew all about her conversation with Laura; She must've shrieked and giggled on the call while inviting Isabella to the wedding. 
"She told me about the wedding in Paris and invited me."
"Did you know about her boyfriend?" She asked.

____________