Flashbacks

POV - Aiden

It was like fine pain and agony pulsing through my senses due to the fact that I was putting myself through the suffering for not being able to confess my fucking feelings for this girl who had me wrapped around her fingers and I would do literally anything for her.

But the only catch in this situation was, that I wasn't a prince she had spent her life dreaming about in those fairytales who would swipe their feet off the ground and take them in their embrace for life, fall in love and live happily ever after. My intentions were rather.. different. 

*Nine years ago*

"Father, I swear this isn't mine." I tried to hold back the fear pulsing through my blood as my father examined the knife I had kept under my pillow.
"Are you sure, son? Because this shows me something different." He lifts my arm to reveal the scars I was responsible for. A brim of tear appears in my eye and I try to hide it from him. 

"Seems like you're a true member of the family after all." A proud smirk appears on his face as I was left in deep confusion. He held my arm tightly and carried me downstairs. My father, Armando Hernandez, a shit of a father and a worse husband who always cared about his money and pride and didn't give a shit about his own family and now all of a sudden I'm important to him just because of this knife?
I had secretly hid this knife under my pillow when I managed to steal it from the training bases we had underground in the house.

Whenever I felt like I wanted to get rid of the frustration in myself, I would use this knife and cut myself just to feel the blood flow out of it and the pain that follows; It used to calm me down, I felt like a person who was waiting to be healed in all of the mess.
I might sound like a mad person but my childhood had developed rather strange methods to calm myself down and putting myself through the suffering which was someone else's duty to deserve, that was one of it.

My father carried me downstairs to the training bases as I recognized the paths I had walked the same day I stole the silver blade. 
He carried me towards a door, entering a place I had never been familiar with. The room was dark and a single light was flickering the damp room where an old fashioned cushioned chair was kept.

My eyes darted from the chair towards the table kept aside, the things kept on the table weren't clearly visible but the surface shined in the light. I walked further to clear my view and saw knives, daggers and whips kept on it.
I widened my eyes and glanced back at my father who had a cigar in his mouth. He lit up a lighter and brought it closer to the cigar as the smoke flowed out of it and he savored the taste.

"You realize what all of this is?" He asked as I looked around, shaking my head, no. 
His steps moved closer as he stood beside me.
"This is what our generation has secretly taken a part in, Aiden." My name coming out of his mouth felt strange. The curiosity in me rose as I noticed the table, wondering what it all is for.

"Sadism." His words made my eyes widen as he continued on speaking. "We find pleasure in callousness, by making the other person surrender whatever they own, to us." He spoke as I tried to calm down myself through breathing.
"Why are you telling me all of this, father?" Words could barely come of out my mouth because I knew something was going to happen against my will and once again, I would be left with no choice but to agree to his demands. 

"I'm introducing you to our family's secret." 
"Years ago, when your great-grandfather found out about the terms of this, that is when it all began." He spoke as I listened to him carefully, but deep inside I was wanting to get out of here as soon as I could.

"We find people, who are willing to surrender themselves for our pleasure and we take advantage of it."
"And what do they get out of it?" Curiosity rose in me.
"Money, power and most importantly there are people who desire it, and are willing to agree to our terms." 

The door opens and a lady walks over to us. She must be aged near about twice my age, almost in her thirties. 
"So, are you ready to take part in what your generation has preserved for you?" The reek of smoke could be smelled in the room.

"Father, please. I don't want to do this." The mere thought of proving pain and suffering to others made me want to throw up but at the same time, that was what my father expected from me.
"I'm sorry, but you have no other choice, son." Tears flow down my eyes and my heart started pounding with fear. 

___________

Guys, I know this was a rather dark chapter. But it was only to continue the story and spice it up. I'll keep you all posted! x