Calm

"You've fallen for him, Bell." Chloe's words ran through my mind again and again until I finally went to sleep.

__

I woke up, the sun shining bright outside. I managed to get up from my bed silently so that Chloe doesn't wake up.
Today's the day I go back home. I thought to myself and sighed deeply as I turned on the shower and washed my hair. I kept wondering how my mother would react when she saw me, because practically I was responsible for my own Father's death. 
Ugh, my life's so fucked up. One thing gets better, the other one gets absolutely ruined.

"Fuck!" I cried out in anger while punching the wall, not realizing that Chloe was still outside but the frustration in me was high enough to get irritated on almost anything.
"You alright?" I heard a voice from the door. She must've heard me. 
"Yeah." I stammered and quickly washed the soap and dried up my body before walking out of the washroom.

I walked towards the dressing area where all my clothes had been kept and shuffled them in order to find an appropriate attire since I was going to my mother.
I groaned and sat on the floor, absolutely tired.
Chloe walked and stood in front of me with her hands folded.
"What's wrong?" She asked with a baffled expression.
I looked at her and gestured her to sit down, after a while we were on the floor, a glass of wine in our hands and I was crying my heart out.

"Hey, listen to me. Whatever happened, just forget about it and I promise you that everything will be better." She said while patting my shoulder.
I looked at her, "If only it were that easy." I scoffed and she sighed.
She looked around, I knew that she had something to say but she wasn't saying it. She always did this and I knew her better than anyone.
"What are you thinking?" I asked and she looked at me with a damp expression.
"What? Nothing." She shrugged and I smirked at her, telling her that I knew something was going on.

She finally gave in, "If I tell you what I want you to do, then you'll just mock at the idea." Saying this, she got up and walked towards the kitchen while gulping down her wine.
"What is it, Chloe?" I asked while raising an eyebrow.
"Alright jeez! I want you to go back to him." She said as I widened my eyes.
"After all I've told you? This is the mighty suggestion you give me?" I said and she turned away.
"Don't...walk way from me!" I shouted and she looked back with anger.
"You don't realize it, Bell. But you really do like him. I've known you for 18 fucking years and you've never talked about anyone else like the way you talk about him." She yelled and I fell completely silent, not able to think what to say. Have I really fallen for him?

She walked closer to me, "I know you better than yourself." saying this, she handed me a top with a denim and walked away.
I wore my clothes and soon, it was time for me to leave.
Chloe insisted on dropping me home and I finally agreed, thinking that I would get company along the ride. My house was on the outskirts of the city, but she knew the direction well as we drove to each other's houses ever now and then.
I looked outside the window, breathing the fresh air of my hometown.
The sun was shining brightly and the traffic was impossible as ever.

After a while I reached the campus and the car stopped in front of the big gates of my house. Shivers ran down my spine and Chloe held my hand. 
"It's going to be alright." She said, giving me a relief and I walked out of the car and waved her goodbye.
The gates opened for me and I took a deep breath as I walked down the same path I walked every single day in my childhood.

_______________