CHAPTER 55

*1 week later*

It has been four days, since Harry and Louis returned from Paris and to say that Harry was a wreck was an understatement. His mind was filled with doubts, hurt and guilt. That dream had affected him so much and Louis realized that. He knew something was wrong with Harry, but he tried not to pressure him too much into telling him. Right now, Harry was sitting at a table along with James' family, looking at wedding cakes. He really did not understand what was the point of just looking at photos and not eating it, but whatever.

''What do you think about this one?'' James said, showing him a photo of a white cake with pink roses around.

''It's nice.'' Harry mumbled, pretending to be interested in what James was telling him.

*1 week before the wedding*

Harry was about to exit the Tomlinson's house, when someone pulled him by the elbow in a room.

''Hi.'' Louis said, wiggling his eyebrows.

''Hello.'' Harry drily replied and Louis looked at him confused.

''Is everything okay?'' he asked.

''Yeah, I just um...I quit. I mean, I did not renew my contract.'' Harry mumbled, looking at the floor. Louis pulled him inside, closing the door behind him.

''Why?'' he requested, folding his hands.

''Because. I don't wanna continue working here.''

''And where will you work then?''

''I don't know. Why do you care?" Harry snapped at him and Louis closed his mouth.

''I just did not expect this.''

''Well, I don't care what you expected.''

''What's with that attitude? You were fine a couple of days ago.'' Louis said.

''No attitude. I just don't want to keep working here.''

''Okay.'' Louis whispered, looking at his feet.

''And I'm getting married, so whatever has been going on between you and me is well, not going on anymore.'' Harry said.

''Whatever. Fuck off.'' Louis said, opening the door for Harry, who was ready to exit the door.

''If you had given me a chance, I could have been the one you would be marrying right now!'' Louis whispered, frustrated, tears blurring his vision.

''I'm getting married in one week and you have the audacity to bring up the past? What we had was years ago.''

''Paris was years ago, huh? I am fucking begging you to give me a chance and you just want to throw everything we had for some loser.''

''He is not a loser!'' Harry said, stomping his foot down.

''Come on, he is a nerd. I'm still surprised, that you ended up with him. He is so fucking boring!''

''You don't even know the guy that well.''

''I know enough.'' Louis snapped.

''I'm just gonna go.'' Harry said.

''So, what? Paris meant nothing to you? Me saying, that I love you meant nothing? God, if you want you can just take my hand and take me anywhere you want.'' Louis yelled, upset, pulling his hair, anxious.

''I'm not eighteen anymore. I'm sorry.''

''At least, when you were eighteen, you weren't this big mass of boredom.''

''What did you just say?'' Harry asked, his fingertip, leaving the doorknob, as he slammed the opened door.

*in the living room*