CHAPTER 24

*1 month later* (Edward left a few days later btw)

''I'm sorry, Mr. Styles. She has three months, at best.'' the doctor said and Harry put his hands in front of his face, sobbing hard. Louis knelt in front of him immediately, stroking his hands softly, while Harry only seemed to cry more.

''Sunshine, shh...'' he said, trying to calm him down but how could he? He was in the verge of breaking down too. He removed his hands from his face, taking them softly in his and he started planting kisses all over them, hoping that this would ease the pain but how could it?

''I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you.'' he kept repeating, trying to remind Harry that this would never change and that he was always going to be there, no matter what. No matter if Anne died or whatever.

''My mum.'' he chocked out.

''She is going to be okay.'' he reassured him, hearing the doctor leaving the office.

''No, she is not! She is going to die! My mum is going to be dead.'' he whispered, crying violently.

''And you are just going to cry about it? Harry, you have to spend every single second with her, now. Stop whining and come with me and spend time with your mum.'' Louis ordered, wiping Harry's cheeks with his thumbs.

''I can't believe this.'' he whispered and Louis hugged him once again.

''It's going to be okay. Whatever happens, we are going to be okay, alright?''

Harry nodded, not really sure, though.

*

''And then, he just picked up the spider and placed it on his hand, not even scared. I think I also have a photo.'' Anne said, as Harry giggled on the bed next to her. He had laid next to her, hugging her, as he did when he used to be a kid, when Louis was sitting on the edge of her bed, looking at old photos of Harry.

''Spiders can be cute.'' he defended himself.

''You're a freak!'' Louis joked.

''Shut up. He was the cutest baby of all.'' Anne said, wrapping her hands around him, burying him in her hug and tears started welling up in Louis' eyes up. He cleared his throat and got up, heading towards the window, as he looked at the view. The hospital wasn't really crowded and he was glad that someone could also see at the woods. Death was never something close to him. Like, it never happened to their family and it felt so unreal that he would be witnessing soon, especially when that person was someone, who was like a second mother to him.

''I love you so much, mum.'' he heard Harry saying, his voice muffled, as he was still pressed against his mother.

''I love you too, baby. More than anything.'' she said and it felt so hard for Louis not to cry. So, naturally, he let some manly tears run down his cheeks, wiping them quickly.

''Are you crying?'' Harry asked with a playful grin on his face.

''Nope. Something was in my eye.'' he said, sniffing his noise.

''Come here.'' Anne said, opening her left arm and Louis rushed into her arms, crying.

''I'm sorry.'' he apologized, sobbing into her arms and Harry extended his hand, reaching for Louis', as he laced their fingers together and they let them rest on Anne's stomach, making it seem like she was between them and they were hugging her.

''It's okay. It's a bit of an emotional moment for you, guys.'' she said, rubbing their backs.

''Isn't it for you?'' Louis asked.

''I know, that you guys are in safe hands. Edward also came to visit and we talked things out. Gemma will visit next month too. I think my job, as a mum is done.'' she explained and Harry sniffed a little.