CHAPTER 53

*Flashback continuing*

He opened his drawers.

Empty.

Closet.

Empty.

Everything was empty, as if Louis never lived here. His clothes were gone.

Everything Louis owned was gone.

Harry sat on Louis' bed and decided to open the drawer of the night table, not really expecting to find anything, but there was something. A letter, that has his name on Louis' writing on it.

'Harry.'

He felt confused and something else in the pit of his stomach. He was scared. Terrified, actually.

He opened it, because this was the only way to find out why Louis has been acting so weird the past week. This was the only thing that could explain why none of Louis' fucking things were in their place.

''Dear Harry,

I don't really know how to explain all the things, that I have to, because they are so many and so complicated I'd be surprised, if you even understood them. My whole life had been planned in a very specific way. I am so sorry, Harry. I wish I could say, I wish I could explain to you everything, I so damn wish, but you won't understand how my life is. When I met you, you changed everything and now, that I have to go I'm just gonna lose my shit or something. Last week, my father called, telling me that I cannot continue in this university because I got accepted to continue at Yale in fucking America. I don't want to go, obviously, but they are my family. I have to go. I really, really wish there was something I could do to be with you, but there is not and I'm so sorry, so, so, so sorry. You are the best thing that ever happened to me, Haz. And I love you. And I mean it. So, so much.

Always yours,

Louis''

Harry must have read the whole thing over five times, by the time Louis woke up. He sat up and when he saw the tears in Harry's cheeks, his eyes widened, realizing what he was reading.

''Don't read that.'' he said, immediately, getting up, trying to take it from Harry's hands, who was holding it, so tightly, he was smudging the ink with his fingertips.

''Don't read that.'' Louis whispered, finally getting it and he ripped it into pieces.

''What is this? Some kind of a sick prank?'' Harry asked.

''No. I was supposed to leave today.''

''Supposed to?" Harry asked.

''I am not going anywhere, Harry. Last night, when you read the letter from school it was so clear. How could I leave when I have you here? I certainly can not. I'm sorry Harry. You weren't supposed to find out because-''

''And you were going to tell me through a letter? As if I was one fling?'' Harry asked, his voice breaking.

He didn't know what hurt more. Louis planning on leaving him with just a letter this morning or the fact that he stayed but wasn't planning on telling him?

''I couldn't face you. I just could not. It was wrong and Zayn almost hit me, but I can't grow balls and tell you, that I can't be with you anymore.''

''And what changed now?'' Harry asked.

''An apartment. I told you I was in. Whatever you wanted. I am in and if I have to choose between you and I don't know, whatever I have to choose, I guess, it's gonna be you, Harold. Whatever you want.'' Louis said and Harry sat there quietly for a few seconds, making Louis nervous.