CHAPTER 54

Harry was looking around, searching with his eyes for a familiar face, but there was no luck, obviously. Everyone there was probably super rich and old. Of course Louis did not come. He didn't expect him to, anyways.

He really did not know how to feel about him and Louis. Just seeing him there, screaming at him things that were partly true, but also so, so wrong, made something in Harry 'click'. He had to prove Louis that whatever he was saying, was wrong. That it was his anger speaking. So, he did what he always wanted to do, to be honest. Seeing Louis in such a vulnerable position, made him feel like shit. Sure, there were times, where Harry had to make the right call, but Louis was the one, who kept them where they were. He kept them in place and in most times, he always was the stronger out of both of them. Seeing him almost in tears, yelling at him about how badly he treated him, made Harry want to explain everything, even though words couldn't come out of his mouth.

''Well hello, Mr. Styles.'' a familiar voice said behind Harry, who turned his head to see Louis, smirking.

He was just standing there, gorgeous, as ever, in a black tux and Harry smiled a little.

''Hi.''

''It's ten minutes before midnight and I need to talk to you.'' Louis said, looking around, trying not to get spotted by his family or well, Eleanor.

''Oh.'' Harry mumbled and Louis placed his hand on his lower back, leading him outside, quickly.

''Alright, so, here's the thing.'' Louis said, when they were in one of the gardens and looked at his clock.

23:53

''Here's the thing. I was unfair to you earlier. All that yelling and fighting-'' he started out.

''But-''

''Shush. I wanna get this over with before midnight. Anyways, I was unfair to you and made you choose and God- I'm sorry. That discussion in there was crazy and I was hurt and a bit hungover, I have to admit. And um...yeah. It's your decision at the end of the day and I made you feel pressured, as if I was going to kill you or something. Also, I wanna be with you terribly Harry, but still, it's your life. I can't make you do stuff.'' Louis started saying and Harry checked at his clock.

''Are you done yet?'' Harry asked and Louis nodded.

''Don't apologize. You were right before. I mistreated you, but I can fix it.'' Harry said and Louis smiled.

''You are doing a pretty good job, fixing this.'' Louis said, pushing Harry slowly against the wall.

23:58

''Yeah?'' Harry smiled, their lips inches apart.

''Mhm.'' he hummed, his hands landing on his waist.

''I love you, Louis.'' Harry said and Louis smiled.

''Me too, Froghead.'' Louis whispered.

''You son of-'' Harry was ready to say, when Louis crashed their lips together, when fireworks started going off. It didn't matter what happened in the next New Year's or the New Year's in a billion years from now, but in New Year's of 2024, Louis was Harry's first kiss and nothing could ever change that.

Harry's hands were cupping Louis' face, every part of their bodies attached to each other.

''I was mad at you about something.'' Harry breathed out, after Louis let go off him.

''Yeah, I called you a Froghead, Frogface.'' Louis said, smirking.

''Ass-'' Louis' lips were quick enough to cut him off.

*

''I'm gonna break that fucking phone.'' Louis hissed, his face between Harry's legs, who stretched his hand out to reach for his phone.