BONUS (4 years later)

I was in the kitchen peeling potatoes for tonight's dinner. I had told Renzo I wanted an open floor plan on the first level of the new house, because I like that I can see the kids from almost every room. I was standing beside the sink, but I could see my son and daughter in the living room. 

Little Renzo, or rather my son Renzo Roman Revello- whom we either call Roman or little Ren- is 4 years old now. His baby sister Adelina Rose Revello is almost two. 

Having two kids is a lot, but I'm madly in love with my children. Renzo and I have created this little perfect family, even with all its imperfections. Like how Little Renzo got himself in trouble today. I'm waiting for his dad to come home so we can talk about that.

        Little Ren was watching his cartoon and Adelina could care less about the television. She's always playing with little building blocks and colored shapes. She mostly entertains herself. Maybe my baby girl will be an engineer or architect one day.

When I heard the front door I glanced over my shoulder to see Renzo walking in. Of course in his signature look. All black. Still the perfect build and body. After two kids he says I'm still perfect as ever, but I have my doubts on that. He's as sexy as he was 6 years ago when I met him.

 I saw my kids go over to him. Little Renzo is like his father's clone. All dark hair, blue eyes, and an attitude sometimes. Though I'm working on that. Adelina has my browner curls, but she has her dad's eyes too. I wanted one of them to have my eyes, but Renzo says it's our third kid who'll be my clone. I'm not ready for a third just yet.

        Adelina waddled over to him and he scooped her up to kiss those chubby cute cheeks. Roman was just hanging off his leg, then just as quickly ran back into the living room. "Hey baby," I heard Renzo come up behind me, before I felt the kiss on my neck. 

I put the potatoes down and turned around. I was about to speak, but Renzo pulled me against him now that the baby was off his lap. He kissed me on the lips.

        "Do you know what your son did today," I looked at him pointedly. "What?" He was only half paying attention, he still had me pressed against him. I took a step back to look better at him. "He shoved another little boy in the dirt at the park. I scolded him, but I swear he didn't look very remorseful." I glanced at my son just in time to see him jump off the couch. 

"Be careful please," I gasped. "Well, what'd he push him for?" Renzo asked me. I brought my eyes back to him. "Does that matter?"

"It does," he deadpanned. Little Ren walked in at the same time. "Oh perfect, You can ask him yourself," I waved for Dad to do his job. "Hey, bud, mommy says you pushed somebody today. What'd he do?" 

        I started wiping my hands on a rag, watching the interaction to see what he'd say to him. "I wanna do the slide and he said no. I wanted baby Adelina to do the slide and he said 'no babies can come here" his little dark brows furrowed as he recalled the 'incident'." 

Renzo hummed, "Hm, sounds like a little prick to me. He defended his little sister. The violence was warranted." My jaw dropped. "Renzo?!?! Seriously? You can't call a kid the p-word," I gasped. 

I watched Renzo high five our son right before my eyes. "And you can't high five your son for pushing another child in the dirt. Rather harshly I might add," I whispered this last part to him.

        Renzo let his son walk back to the living room before he addressed my words. "Baby, relax. Kids need to learn how to defend themselves. He didn't shoot the kid," he shrugged it off. "Yet," I whispered, looking at him pointedly.