BONUS (One year later)

I was at the bridal shop with Grace and the bridal party, so we could re-try our dresses for any last minute alterations. I'm going to be a bridesmaid, which was unexpected and wonderful. I was more of a last minute add in as Grace and my friendship grew over the course of the last year. 

Our last fitting was about two months ago, but the wedding is less than a month away, so this is the last time we'll be checking to be sure everything fits.

        I went behind the curtain into a small fitting room with a single mirror inside. The bridesmaid dresses are flattering to all the different shape and sized women in the wedding party. It's elegant, but simple, which doesn't surprise me. 

Grace has the taste for it. It's a thin strapped gown with sort of a scoop neckline and it cascades the body without it being overly tight. The last time I tried it on it fit perfectly, and I was so excited to be going to this wedding with Renzo. 

The Revello's have become like family to me. Rocco, Grace, Dante, even Mr.& Mrs. Revello I'm friendly with.

        When I slipped the dress on this time, I was a bit surprised to notice it wasn't fitting as comfortably as last time. I checked for the zipper to see if I'd forgotten to unzip it when I slid it on. It wasn't too tight. I fit in the dress. It just felt different. I couldn't put my thumb on it. I turned left, then right in the mirror. Internally I gasped. No.

I quickly counted back on my fingers, and I suddenly couldn't remember the last time I had my period. I looked at a calendar, so I could visually see the days. Wasn't it a few weekends ago? I remember Renzo telling me to have shower sex when I told him I was on my period. Think Kat.

Wasn't that like...oh I can't remember when that was. It didn't feel like that long ago, but then again time's been flying by. Between work, school, wedding prep with Grace, and being Renzo's girlfriend-which means he likes spending a lot of time with me surprisingly...I've just been so busy. Time has flown by.

        Maybe I'm about to get my period and that's why I'm bloated. That's probably it. I mean..I'm on birth control. Yes, Renzo and I have a terrible habit of not using a condom. He pulls out sometimes, but other times we're just so lost in the moment. We both agree we like no barriers between us. 

I put too much of my faith in birth control though. Oh now I'm second guessing myself. Am I getting my period or am I...I can't even think it.

        "Kat, come out and show us already," I heard Grace's sister holler for me to come out. It's not noticeably small. I don't think they would be able to tell, but when I walked out from behind the curtain I blushed. "Maybe we should loosen it just a bit," I looked at the seamstress instead of the girls. 

"You look so pretty," one of them told me. Grace gets final approval on everything, so she walked up to me. "You think so? I think it looks great," she assured me. There's a second mirror inside the main room of the bridal shop. I glanced back that way to decide what I thought about how I look. 

"I-I guess..." I trailed off, looking at the seamstress for her opinion. "It's whatever you're more comfortable with. I wouldn't go any tighter, but you could either keep it as is or loosen it by no more than an inch," she gave me her opinion. I just agreed with it.

        My hand automatically went to my belly. Maybe it's been more than a few weeks since I had my period. Shoot. I have to go buy a test. I've been here once before. Renzo and I were so new and I was terrified that he'd flip out if I were pregnant. I could barely get him to commit to me, never mind me and a child.