Chapter 58 (Renzo's POV)

We didn't shut the restaurant down because we didn't want any of our next actions to stand out. I didn't want to go to my office at the club because I haven't had the time yet to search the place. 

I won't take short cuts and ask someone else to do it. I need to be ahead of this thing or I won't be able to rest. We were only waiting on Dante and once he got here we went into my brother's office to tell my cousin what I'd just been telling my brother. 

The back office in Revello's is standard to a restaurant back office. My brother was in the desk chair, Dante was on the other side of it and I couldn't stand still for even a second.

        "So, what is it?" Dante was eager to find out. I turned to him and I could feel the adrenaline pumping through my veins. "We have a code blue" I let him know. I saw him pause and try to digest my words. "Wait, what?" He looked dumbfounded and darted his eyes between my brother and I. "Tell me everything" Dante waved for me to start at the beginning.

 A 'code blue' means cops. Or in this particular case, an undercover cop. Rylee is actually named Steven Keniston. A 29 year old male originally from Vermont, but Mr. Small town boy joined the academy in his early 20's and has been a busy boy working his way up to one of the 3-letter agencies. 

We think the FBI, but he's too young to have a full foothold in the agency, so we think he's a rookie tasked with watching us...by using Kat.

        "I already spoke with the Boston chief of police. This goes above his pay grade. They have no orders to watch us or have any knowledge of 'Rylee'. I've reached out to a higher contact of mine. Here's everything Marcello found behind the smoke screen" I dropped a file on Dante's lap. 

Rocco had already been looking through the whole thing before my cousin came. "This is fucking crazy. Since when? We've never had a cop problem before...an undercover? Fuck" Dante just kept shaking his head in disbelief.

        "I'll be putting the alert out. No sloppy work, no talking on the phones about work, we are to scan and search for bugged offices or other shared work spaces. I have my 'sweep' guy following me around to sweep the place. I started here at the restaurant that's why we're meeting here. I haven't done my office in Fuoco Lento yet, and I'm not willing to risk it" I let him and my brother know. 

"We're going to my dad's house to tell him about all this too. We'll start alerting the head of households and they'll alert the men below them" Rocco added.

"And my dad?" Dante asked. "Yeah, I'm gonna need you to go talk to him. Just let him know the code blue and he knows what to do from there. That's why we have these precautions in order. Just because it's never happened doesn't mean I'm not prepared for it. As for Kat..." I trailed off. 

        I haven't fully decided yet, but I know she's one of his first targeted watches, which means I can't spook him off by taking her away or making her panic if she finds out who he is. I need her to act normal now more than ever. "I'll talk to her after this" Dante volunteered. I shook my head no. 

"In Rylee's eyes, I'm her boyfriend who also lives in that apartment with her. I can't hide from the guy. He cannot be alerted to us knowing his failed attempt as a cover. We'll remove Kat organically from the situation. For now, we need to go speak to our fathers and put all the precautions into place" I looked between my left and right hand. They both nodded.

        "What the fuck do you think sparked this? We've been running clean operations for years..." Dante kept shaking his head in disbelief. "Oh don't you worry. I'm sure as hell gonna find out." We all looked amongst each other and let the quiet fall over us for a second. I will be getting more information soon and all the facts will slowly begin to fall into place.