Chapter 10

When Renzo offered to have me meet Vittoria I was serious when I said yes. If he has nothing to hide then let me meet the girl who likes to kiss my guy after he's already said 'there is a girl'. Not the best way to put it, but when is Renzo ever good with words? 

I wanted to see the dynamic between them. If she's going to be around for the next month then I need to know how worried I need to be. 

Yes, in the throws of passion Renzo spoke with such intensity when he told me I had nothing to worry about. Actually, that gravelly carnal voice keeps replaying in my head with some of the things he said. Like when he told me how crazy I made him for me. Even just thinking about how that night played out makes my thighs clench.

      When Renzo told me to 'never change my mind' about how I feel about him it felt like a step in the right direction. It felt like him telling me not to walk backwards with our progress because he wants to catch up. Maybe I read into pillow talk too much, but to me it felt like he really wanted me to love him. And that matters to me.

      Renzo did try to avoid this meet and greet at all cost, but when I didn't back down he finally caved and decided drinks at his apartment was better than us all being at his parents house having some big dinner. Rocco, Grace, and Dante are invited too, so it won't be just the three of us. 

My gut has been flipping all day when I think of it. I am nervous, but I don't see the reason why I should be. Just the anticipation of meeting the woman who's been sleeping with your current 'guy' for half their lives...it is gut clenching. 

I've played it up in my head to being this beautiful relationship abroad, in the romantic place of Italy, where passion overtook them for many years. I would like that to be a dramatization.

    I requested this though...so let the meet and greet begin.

-

        I had gone over to Renzo's apartment earlier than everyone else so I could help him set things up. There wasn't much. We just set the liquor cart by the sofas in his vast living room, and I added some little things to munch on as we socialize. 

Throw pillows! I should set the comfort level so we don't all feel high strung. One here...no, one here, then one there. Wait...one here. I wasn't trying to act nervous, but when Renzo saw me fidgeting with the throw pillows for the tenth time he came over and put his big warm hand on my shoulder. 

"I think the pillows are alright" he squeezed me and had me put them down. 

     "Are you second guessing your brilliant idea of meeting Vittoria? You still have time to back out" he held me at arms length to get a good look at me. I pursed my lips and shook my head no. "I want her to know I exist Renzo" I peeked up at him through my lashes, which softened his resolve. His hand came up and his thumb rubbed my cheek. He sighed but said alright.

When he paused and reached into his jacket I could see his eyes darting across his screen as he read a message. "They're here" he announced. My gut flipped like a bad pancake. "Everyone?" I followed him to the door he was walking across the foyer to open. 

"I had Dante pick Vicky up. My brother will be here shortly" he informed me. So, she is here. Not everyone. I gulped but took my position beside my kinda-not boyfriend.

      When the private elevator opened, out walked a stunning woman who took to this hallway as though it were a runway and we were all at the show. Vittoria Catalano, of the Catalano crime family, has gorgeous and entirely flawless olive skin, large breasts that were obvious, and I could already see she was one of those girls who is sexy without trying.