Chapter 5

I finished my shift last night without hearing from Renzo so I didn't text him either. Maybe I am being childish, but you know what...I am only 21 and handle things with more grace than a 28 year old man who literally throws a horrible tantrum any time he's feeling threatened by a guy. 

And that's what I feel...threatened. Renzo is friends with a girl. That already is odd on its own, but this girl is a beloved family friend who he just so happens to be wildly sexually attracted to. I know he is or he wouldn't have spent summers having a fling with her. 

So yeah, there is a pit in my dang stomach. I think it's warranted. 

       Last time Renzo felt cornered he left me a voicemail while surrounded by women in a club and told me he couldn't do 'this'. What'll be his excuse this time if he finds he wants to get another taste of her? Will I get another BS voicemail that he'll just take back once he's done having his fun? No ma'am. Not happening.

It's Friday night so I'm at another shift of work. When there was a knock on the door I was suddenly nervous that it might be the same man I had just been thinking about. Instead a brunette popped her head in. 

        "Hey, I left my phone charging in here. The girls were using up all the plugs for hair straighteners and stuff" Teagan shut the door behind her but lingered there. I noticed the phone on the coffee table that I didn't notice when I'd come in. I waved for her to help herself. 

"How are you?" I decided to ask. I don't like the tension between us, and I've let go of the whole betrayal thing. I could see Teagan smile genuinely. She unplugged her phone and walked over to me. 

        "I'm good. I actually just got back from a short trip to NYC. I kinda went to a wild party I'd been invited to by a girl who works at a similar gentlemen's club in New York. She's friends with Moretti, and somehow I was invited and ended up spending the next two days with him. Oh God, is that weird to say?! I completely forgot you and him-" Teagan turned red in the face for the first time I've ever seen it. 

"No, trust me. It's totally fine. That's so buried and done with" I motioned with my hands that she didn't step over some line with me. "I've had a crush on that man for as long as he's been a member here" she kind of chuckled at herself.

        She looked down to readjust the ties of her robe, and now I was the one blushing when I remembered the night I shared with Gabriele in that hotel room. He bound my wrists with one of those. Anyways...moving on. 

"You always seem so confident, but I detect a bit of bashfulness from you" I rolled my chair in more so I could lean my chin into my hand. "I'm not saying that to embarrass you further. I'm just intrigued" I was sure to clarify. 

        Teagan leaned herself to sit one half of her bum on the corner of the desk, so I guess she was intending on chatting more about this. I was totally okay with that. It'll help smooth over this bump we had in the road to friendship. 

I've always called Teagan such a beautiful girl based on her perfect bone structure. She has the type of proportionate features that women would go to a plastic surgeon and use as an example, of the ideal outcome.

        "I know, I'm not usually bashful about men. I guess it's just the way he executes a kind of power I've only ever felt that someone like Renzo has. It's attractive and nerve wracking. You know perfectly well" she smiled softly at the implication that I know this feeling better than anyone where Renzo is involved. 

"How is that by the way?" Teagan turned the tables on me. Oh gosh I need to vent about Renzo. She's asking at the worst time. "Uh oh" she giggled when she saw the expression I didn't even realize I was wearing. I'm like an open book. I try to smooth my face over like Renzo does but I am incapable.