BONUS (Renzo on Campus)

Kat was coming to spend the weekend at my place while she transitioned over to the dorms she stubbornly wishes to live in rather than the apartment I'd rented for her. She has the code so I just told her to come up when she arrived. I was on my way down the stairs when I heard the small echo of her soft voice. "Hello?"

"Here," I said so she'd look in the right direction. A smile broke out across her face and I don't think I'll ever get used to that. My presence is never met with a smile. People look away, look down, frown, or cower. Not with Kat though. She smiles. Genuinely so. 

She came right over and stretched her arms to hug me. I did one better and captured her lips with mine. The kiss was cut too short in my opinion, but I could see she was bursting with news. "What is it?" I asked her when she pulled away from me. 

"Guess what," she cupped her hands together in excitement. My lip twitched in amusement. "What?" I humored her.

        "I got into a single's dorm! It's so crazy they're so hard to come by, but my name was pulled in a raffle I guess. That's how they pick it," she rambled out. I hummed in response, but she suddenly paused. When she started looking me up and down I had to ask,"What?" 

Her pretty eyes widened double their size. "You don't have anything to do with this, do you?" She squinted her eyes in suspicion. I aired on ignorance. "Do with what?"

Kat tipped her head for a second like she was piecing something together. "Winning a raffle...oh my gosh! You got me the single, didn't you?!" She immediately accused me. I didn't want to lie to the girl, but chose my words carefully, "I made a suggestion." 

Her brow arched. "A suggestion? To who?" It's really not very hard to get your way when you know who to talk to and how to strong-arm them into agreeing with your 'suggestions'. The dean of admissions and the fella that assigns housing to the incoming students were very willing to give the best room to Katarina after a few words with me.

        "An old friend. The rest was of his doing," I assured her. "You're waving that off like you didn't go over to my school and scare someone into giving me the better room," she was ready to pinch the bridge of her nose to sigh at me. Instead she chose to laugh, which made me do a double take. 

We were still idling in the foyer, but I kept trying to put my hands all over her even while we spoke. She's used to me by now. She just continues talking and ignoring it. "You really can't help yourself, can you?" She laughed at my interference with her living situation. 

"Taking care of you the only way I can," I shrugged. I saw the glint in her eye that told me I just warmed her mushy heart.

        Kat took my hands and squeezed them. When she looks up at me this way it can become fucking overwhelming. It's because I can see the actual love in her eyes for me. She genuinely loves me. And even though it's already January, and we've been dating for more than a solid 6 months, I'm still not used to it. A boyfriend. Who woulda fucking thought.

        After the girl swooned I pulled her against me using the hold she had on my hands. "I told you I wouldn't step foot in a dormitory. With this...I may make an exception." She just shook her head at me, but in amusement, I think. "I'd love to see you on campus" she looked far too amused at the idea. 

"If it means we can christen your new shitty dorm bed then count me in," I smirked. Kat could probably convince me to go almost anywhere with the promise of letting me fuck her when we get there.  I've yet to get sick of it. Anywhere.

-

        Maybe I spoke too soon when I agreed to view Kat's new dorm. It meant my having to go meet her on campus after her first day of classes. While I waited in a lobby of some student center I saw our country's youth, and if they're supposed to be the future then we're fucked.