Chapter 41

"What the fuck?" I heard the words, but they didn't leave my mouth. Dante reacted the same way my inner thoughts reacted. Externally, I was frozen at the sight of Vittoria. Vittoria Catalano in a towel, standing so casually like she wasn't just caught at Renzo's apartment, naked. 

She flipped her wet hair over her shoulder, and didn't bother trying to pull at the ends of the towel to hide more of her. Her legs are long and bare. The fluffy white towel only reached the top of her thighs. 

My eyes snapped behind her to scan for Renzo. I felt Dante quickly look between me and Vittoria. My frozen state shifted to one of pure unfiltered anger. "What in the actual fuck" I cursed for once. 

        "Oh boy...I'm sorry you had to find out this way. We weren't expecting you" Vittoria's smug, Italian accented, annoying voice told me with little care at all. Actually she was entirely amused. "Uh, Kat" Dante went to place his hand on my shoulder. I stepped forward and he missed his grasp. 

"Where's Renzo?!" I snapped. Vicky's honeycomb eyes shifted up to insinuate he was upstairs. "This isn't happening" I found myself laughing. When you skip yelling and start laughing...yeah, that's way worse. "He's in the shower bambina, washing off all the sex" she smirked. 

I stepped forward until we were toe to toe. 

        "You must be so alone if you take pleasure in ruining other people's relationships. I pity you," I spoke with a false calm before bumping past her. She whirled around, but Dante rushed forward to be sure we weren't about to bring the claws out. He's already scratched up enough he might wanna stand back.

"I wasn't alone last night, or this morning...twice" she smirked and I lost it. 

I've never been so angry in my entire life. When I caught Val on his knees sticking his tongue in a woman's you know what, I was shocked and heartbroken. Walking in on two old lovers rekindling a flame, after he promised, swore up and down, that this was in the past...no heartbreak. Pure rage.

        I just reacted without thinking. I shoved Vittoria with all my might and the girl stumbled back and almost lost the grip of her towel. I don't care if she falls naked. One more comment and I'll beat her stupid big tits like a punching bag. 

"Kat, let's just get out of here until Renzo's out of the shower...we can- fucking hell, I don't even know what to say" Dante rubbed the back of his neck at a total loss. 

"Put your hands on me again and-" Vittoria was about to threaten me. "Or you'll WHAT" I stood with a proud chest. Her eyes blazed with a wicked fire, and her jaw tensed. "Don't mess with a Catalano" was her lame response.

        "You filthy whore. Getting cheap thrills sleeping with unavailable men," I hissed, "I've faced scarier mobsters than you and only one of us walked away from that fight...maybe YOU shouldn't mess with a Costa." I took one than two steps to close the gap between us. 

I could see her eyes moving like she was trying to register my previous words. She wasn't expecting me to talk back. I decided to move past her to go upstairs. If Renzo is out of the shower I'll confront him, but I have to see if the sheets are messy. 

Maybe, just maybe, she was in a guest room for god knows what reason. I rushed up the stairs two at a time and burst into Renzo's room. I could hear his shower. His bed is crumpled. My eyes scanned for condoms and found none, but when does he ever use condoms with me?!

Disgusting. Diseased

        I rushed out of Renzo's room with that same rage coursing through my veins. I practically kicked open the guest room door. Bed made....these assholes. My body was trembling with pure anger. I've never felt something this intense. I'm practically breathless.