Chapter 11 (Renzo's POV)

I am in hell. When I told Kat she could meet Vittoria if she really wanted to, it was because she'd been so upset and I was trying to appease her. I did not mean it. Not at all. I hoped that I could prove to Kat that she had nothing to worry about and that she'd drop it in turn. She didn't. She made a cocktail hour out of it. 

I knew this was going to be a horrible idea. I even told her that, but she's so set on this and I can't understand why. Why would you wanna meet the ex fling of the dude you're currently fucking?! 

If it's to stake some claim it's pointless. Vittoria doesn't care. Vicky can be feisty. Not 'can be', she is feisty. I have been working myself up about how fucking bad this can all end up.

    Vicky already started with a few remarks here and there. I had to put her in her place or she'd only get worse. Now that everyone is here I'm just sitting back on the sofa drinking another whiskey to settle my nerves. 

I don't want to be involved in any of this. I'm sitting here beside Kat just letting her host, and trying to be the innocent bystander here. Because if I start engaging in the conversation and V keeps talking to me, then Kat is gonna get upset. And if I only talk to Kat then Vittoria is gonna try to sabotage me. I am in fucking hell.

        "Right, Renzo?" Kat turned toward me on the sofa. It was Rocco, Dante, and Vittoria on one side. And Grace, Kat, and me on the other. I was directly across from Vittoria and have caught eyes with her more than once, because she keeps looking at me while Kat's looking at the others. Then I have to snap my eyes away every damn time. 

"What?" I had to ask Kat because I honestly haven't heard a word of this conversation. "Never mind" she smiled softly and turned away. Uh oh, what'd I do?

       Kat looks pretty today. She wore this one piece thingy that hugs her in the right places, but not in a tight way. It's beige colored, which doesn't look bad against her very brown hair and hazel green eyes. She's in platform sandals, which are an even height all around. They aren't heels, so it doesn't make her very much taller then she already is. 

Vittoria came in a 'sex me' dress I know she's using on purpose to try and entice me. But Kat...she's just trying to keep a smile on her face, and be polite, even though Vicky probably doesn't deserve her kindness. 

        Kat would move her curls back when turning to me because her body has started to slowly divot to those she's speaking to, being Grace, Dante, and my brother.

I keep finding myself in a weird stare off with Vic. She hasn't moved her torso to align with the others. Her body is facing mine head on, so that it's become very clear that her and I are not a part of this conversation. 

        The next time Kat moved her curls back and away from her face to peek at me I leaned over and whispered in her ear. "You look pretty." I know I usually call her sexy or things of a sexual nature. I should probably try to tell her during the times I'm not balls deep in her, when in the back of my mind I do think these thoughts. 

She looks pretty. It freaks me the fuck out, and feels fruity as hell, but she seems to need the reassurance tonight. Kat blushed at my words, which made me twitch my lip in amusement. Then I felt the sharp eyes of Vittoria read into that exchange. 

She better not do something stupid. I've already cussed her ass out once in Italian so Kat wouldn't understand our exchange of words. 

        When I caught eyes with Dante next he already had an expression that told me he knows everything that's crossing my mind right now, and that he finds it all funny. My brother would side eye me and Vicky several times throughout the conversation, but it was with a sour expression.