Chapter 2

Since it was my night off work I decided to try and catch up on some much needed sleep. Ever since the "incident" I haven't been sleeping well at all. I feel like it's starting to catch up to me. I don't like thinking so I've kept busy this week, but then that only makes me more tired because I'm doing everything while running on no sleep.

I guess Renzo's family had a little gathering amongst themselves. Renzo didn't tell me anything about it. It was actually Dante who told me what they were all up to. 

        Last weekend I had some intense sex with Renzo where he let me 'mark' him, but we never defined what that meant to each of us. I told Renzo I love him, he tells me I'm Grace, I masturbate in the office to show him that actions and words can go hand in hand, he still hasn't used any words. 

He's used many actions. I feel like we're at a stalemate here.

He didn't say he loves me. He didn't say he wanted us to be in a relationship. I'm starting to regret ever telling Renzo how I really felt about him because he didn't do anything with that information. It was like junk mail. Didn't reach the inbox. Got no response.

        Since Renzo and I haven't defined what we are I can't get upset that he didn't invite me to something. It would have been a nice gesture, but I don't wish to dwell on it. So, I got comfy and went to bed early. That was probably around 11pm...by 11:35 I was up again, but this time with reason. Someone was knocking incessantly on my door.

Since the death threat I have a bat pretty close to the door now. Any funny business and I'll swing it. I don't have a peephole on this door so I never know who is on the other side. 

"Who is it?" I asked in my sleepy voice. "How many men do you have showing up at your damn door?" I heard the deep annoyed tone and knew exactly who it was. I opened the door. "Um, hello?" We didn't have plans so I wasn't sure why Renzo was here, and without notice. 

"What are you doing?" He asked, his eyes darted around me then my apartment.

        "Um, I was sleeping. Sorta. Trying to" I was confused why he seemed kind of antsy or something. "Put on some shoes" he ordered me. "No, why?" I wasn't up for sex games or something. I was tired. Renzo huffed and walked past me, into the apartment.

"Come on, I'm gonna take you somewhere" he explained but barely. "Take me where? Are you drunk, Renzo?" I tried peeking at his face to see if his eyes were red or if he smelt of liquor. He sucked his teeth, "No. Just come on" he grabbed my shoes and shooed me towards the door. 

I was flabbergasted but just went with it because what else can I do? Renzo can very easily lift me and when he's determined like this he doesn't take no for an answer. 

        "Can you at least tell me where we are going and why it had to be at 11:30 at night?" I peeked at him again on the drive over just to look for clues. I don't know what I was looking for. Drugs maybe. He was being odd. When we pulled up to a crepe shop I was so confused. I just stared at the place. 

"Is it fucking closed?!" Renzo jumped out of the car. I followed because I wanted to see what he was gonna do. "It's a bit late" I wasn't surprised the place wasn't open. Renzo was cursing under his breath like crazy. 

"Alright, fine. I can resolve this" he told me before peeking his face into the window to look for something. I just watched his attractive back muscles flex in that fitted tee he was wearing. Just a t-shirt and jeans and somehow he could have been a model for the jeans in a magazine. 

I snapped out of my thoughts when I started to hear tinkering noises.

        "Renzo...Renzo, what are you doing?" I had been behind him so his broad back had covered it, but I came up beside him and gasped. "Renzo!" He was breaking the lock. "I'm familiar with the alarm system they've got for this place. Weak. It's fine. We can break in easily and I'll lock the door on our way out" he told me and he was completely serious.