Chapter 45 (Renzo's POV)

When I couldn't find Kat I lost my shit. She smartened up and shut her phone off completely. She's catching on to my methods. I'm furious that she won't even give me the chance to explain things. I know it looked bad having Vittoria there, but to completely fall off the radar? 

I needed to know what Vittoria said to her. It had to be something if both Kat and Dante had such a strong reaction. She'd already left for Italy, but I was only an hour behind her. I've contacted her jet service and they're keeping her in the air long enough to get us to land at the same time. 

If she gets to her father's it'll be more difficult to corner her, but she made a fucking mistake by ruining my relationship.

        You don't disrespect Renzo Revello and get away with it. I don't give a fuck who you are. Catalano or not, she's answering to me today. I'm already pissed enough at Catalano and the bullshit drama he dragged my people into. 

We lost a man in defending his piece of shit associate. Again, you don't disrespect Renzo Revello and get away with it. A lot of people have another thing coming to them tonight.

        My gut's been soured since the minute I missed Kat on the elevator by a second. I know all the horrible shit her mind is conjuring right now. She'll withdraw from me again if she hasn't already broken up with me completely. 

I've tried showing my loyalty, but obviously it's never enough. My past will always discredit me. Funny thing is, besides that one time I fucked around with Barbie big tits when Moretti was around I haven't even touched another woman. 

Since I started having sex with Kat I stopped caring about sleeping around. We had damn good sex. I saw no point in branching out. That's many months worth of monogamy. I never thought I could pull it off, but I have. And I don't even have the urge to stray either. That's what's so funny about this. 

Funny as in, it's not fucking funny at all.

-

        When my plane landed I waited in the private airhanger that I knew Vittoria's plane would be pulling to on the tarmac. I've been doing so well not smoking cigarettes, but I'm so goddamn stressed out again I caved and asked the pilot if he had a smoke. 

I stayed leaning against the wall while I waited. Inhaling the hot smoke only reminds me of the burning in my chest already. 

The cigarette was almost down to my fingers when Vittoria's plane finally pulled up and opened. She walked out with big sunglasses, waving staff around to bring all her Louis Vuitton luggage, and all her other shit behind her. 

She hadn't noticed me yet. I was off to the side. 

        When I whistled her head snapped up. Even from this far away I could see how her body froze up. I can't see her eyes behind those glasses, but I'm sure they went wide with surprise. In Italian she asked me, "What are you doing here?" 

I thought she was smart enough to catch on to my reasons, but when I saw the small smirk forming on her lips I realized she thought this visit was meant to be a pleasant one. I waited while she crossed the hanger to get to me. She had a purse at her elbow and heels that clicked in an echoing way. 

        When she stopped in front of me she leaned forward to give me a double cheek kiss. Instead, I grabbed her jaw and stopped her face just above mine. "You and I have unfinished business," I warned her. Being this close I could see her eyes behind her dark lenses now. They darted all up and down my face to try and read me. 

When she tried to rip her jaw from my grip I didn't release her. I made sure to speak nice and slowly, "You're gonna walk your ass into that office, you're gonna sit your spoiled ass down, and you're going to tell me what you said to Kat. I'm not fucking around V." Then I pushed her face away.