Chapter 37 (Dante's POV)

I was tryna balance the two trays of coffee and box of munchkins on my way into the hospital, but it wasn't looking promising. When I saw a custodian in the lobby I whistled for him. "Aye, buddy, you wanna help me carry this up?" I motioned to the tray. 

He looked behind him like he wasn't sure if I was speaking with him. "Yeah, you. I'll tip you" I gave the lanky man an incentive. He rolled his barrel to an unused corner and came to grab the tray from me. "Much appreciated" I nodded to him.

        When we got on Jackie's floor he followed behind me until I got to the nurses station and placed everything on top of the high walled desk. The nurses were already smiling and peeking over to see what I was up to. "Here, pal" I took a few bills out of my pocket and handed it to the man. He paused. "Uh, this is like $60" the honest money thought I made a mistake. Honesty. I like that.

I waved for him to hand me the money, and he almost looked disappointed until I swapped the folded bills for the crisp 100. The man's eyes went wide. "Thanks again, buddy" I saluted him and turned to the nurses. "Ladies," I grinned.

        The nurses on this floor vary from all ages, shapes, and colors. Good women. Hard working ladies. "Is this for us?" The sassy older woman put a hand to her hip. "Yes ma'am" I waved for her and the others to take one. 

"Ooo, boy, you're too smooth for ya own good" another smirked and shook her head at me. Jackie wasn't among them yet, but she'd texted me to come through.

"Now, Mr. Dante, when you gonna tell us why you're always in those snazzy suits? Where do you work?" One of them asked me what they always do. I like keeping the mystery alive. I think they're always peeking at me and smirking so much because they know I'm trouble, just not sure what kind yet. 

        "Business, Nurse Shea." I leaned an elbow on the counter top. That's when I saw Jackie coming down the hall in her cute little lavender scrubs. Her hair had been up, but when she saw me she started pulling the elastic down and shaking out her hair. It fell to the frame of her face in waves. 

 I opened my mouth to say hello, but the woman grabbed my wrist and started dragging me off. "Bye ladies" I had to holler over my shoulder. 

"In a rush?" I glanced at the bitty thing beside me. "Even better...the procedure was canceled so I'm off the hook early" she gave a small crooked smile. I noticed she had her bag under her arm. "Wait...as in, you're free to go home?" I've only ever fucked Jackie in or around this hospital. A day off is something new. Interesting.

        We got to the elevator and she hit the call button before looking up at me. "Yes, but my place is messy. I haven't had time to clean up. How's your place? Are you, like, one of those gross guys?" It made me chuckle. "Nah. I actually have an alright place" I let her know. 

I'm so down to fuck this girl in an actual bed finally. And wherever else in my apartment that she sees fit. We can actually get naked too. Double score.

    -

        I live in a luxury, chic loft style apartment. It's definitely a bachelors pad, but just a bachelor with damn good taste. It's modern built and I favored a darker color palette for the main floor. It's a two level loft made up of deep chocolate wood panel accent walls, and contrasting hardwood flooring that spans both levels. 

The other accent wall is painted a deep olive color. Since the walls are darker I have accent lighting, contrasting area rugs to break up the open floor concept of the loft, and also shaded suede seating options around the living room. I have an eat-in kitchen, and two bedrooms upstairs. 

      When I unlocked my front door and turned on the light switch I saw Nurse Jackie's pretty seafoam eyes double in size. "Oh wow" were her first words after a minute of slowly walking a circle around the place.