Chapter 28 (Renzo's POV)

Friday had become a much anticipated day amongst the Revello's. A lot would be happening. Warden Grotto is expected to deliver the traitors to me today to be dealt with. My two requests were that he handed them over on their fucking knees, and that my uncle was brought up to the Warden's office during my interrogation, so he could have a nice steak dinner while he watched.

 There is no reason for any of this beyond my wanting to embarrass and disrespect all of them. I've always been a firm believer that you don't just demand respect. You have your actions make the other guys second guess ever disrespecting you in the first place. 

Chicken and the egg I guess. Somebody somewhere in that prison has disrespected me, and so I'll have to demand that respect again. If they live long enough to give it to me.

      I brought my second and third in command with me. Dante wants to see this thing through with his father, and I think having both Revello brothers present sends a message that fucking with my Zio Mario is the same as fucking with us. It goes straight to the top men. 

So, the three of us took the two hour drive up to the prison and were let inside without the fuss of regular check-ins like all visitors have to do. We met the warden at a different gated entrance where we didn't have to check our weapons at the door. 

Grotto knows better. I don't leave my gun behind, ever. That's when rats in the nest try to corner and take out the big guys.

      Even without a weapon I'd staple their fucking eyes shut and use that bullshit plaque on Grotto's desk to make mash outta their useless damn heads. Like I've said in the past when having a sit down with the Van Dijk's, I don't ever walk into an unknown corner without knowing every exit, escape route, and common item around the room that could be used in a pinch. Call me paranoid.

        Grotto's office isn't exactly huge. He's got a lot of clutter in there. Lines of filing cabinets up one wall and down the other with stacks of paper messily stacked on top. Certain drawers don't even close all the way for being too full of files you can see the bent tips of. 

The floor is a light hardwood that's no longer varnished, the desk is clunky towards the back wall, and only one window overlooking that prison yard let's any natural light into the place at all. It feels dusty inside here. I don't know, I just don't like it. 

Still, I took a seat behind the warden's desk waiting for him to bring my uncle up to us. Dante was in the window looking down at the quiet yard and Rocco was standing behind me with his arms folded behind his back in waiting, as my second hand.

     The door was propped open, but Grotto still knocked like this wasn't his fucking office. Right behind him was Zio Mario. He had cuffs on his wrists, which the guard posted at the door promptly removed. Mario rubbed his wrists than grinned at the three of us waiting here for him.

"My boy, how you holding up?" He went towards his son first. Dante lifted his shirt to show his father the still healing scar. The stitches are out, but the incision is still very pink and tender. 

"Mr. Revello, I have my guards bringing up the attacker, and the suspected Lieutenant officer and correctional officer that were involved" Grotto let me know. I nodded and told him to step aside.

        My uncle came around the desk and shook my brother's hand then mine. "Aye ren, when do I get my steak?" he grinned. "When I get up," I stayed leaning back in Grotto's desk chair. When heavy footsteps could be heard we all quieted and turned our attention to the door.

Two guards brought three shackled assholes into the office, and upon my request, hit the backs of their knees to force them to kneel. Now I got up.