Chapter 69 (Dante's POV)

I remember always hearing Renzo saying 'two different worlds' when it came to his life with Kat and his mob life. Today I see a flash of that in my own life. Right now I'm off to rid us of undercover Rylee-Steven, and later tonight I have a date. 

Well, not a date. After Jackie totally shut me down and stopped calling, I decided to grab drinks with the pottery girl just to cleanse the palette of that failed attempt to nail down something more exclusive with the nurse. That's in a different world though. 

Right now I am Dante Revello, of the Revello crime family. I have an undercover cop passed out in my trunk. I'm driving up to a hiking trail with my cousin. Why? Because Renzo is a scary genius who comes up with good ideas on how to murder people. We wanted this to look like an accident. This can't be investigated.

        So, since Rylee-Steven's phone was already pinged driving to western Mass, which is more woodsy and mountainous, we kept his trail leading that way. When Renzo did a deep dive past Rylee's smokescreen to find Steven the cop, he looked thoroughly, which means he found his social media account. 

And guess what hobby Mr. Rylee-Steven likes...hiking. Quite the outdoorsmen actually. 

That gave my cousin the idea of having the guy 'slip' off a trail to his death. That shit happens. It's tragic. It's also believable and usually not very looked into. His body would be mangled. Renzo thinks of everything too.

        Since Kitten tasered this guy a couple times it leaves a type of mark almost like a small burn from the two prongs that give you the zap. If there was a request for an autopsy you wouldn't want something like that to be discovered, so Renzo plans to hack at the skin there to disrupt the marks. 

Like I said...he's scary good at murdering people. So, that's my plan for today. 

I had to wait a little while for Renzo to turn back to Rylee's apartment and grab some of his hiking gear to sell the story. He dropped Kat off and called one of our clean up guys to go fix Rylee's apartment door that Renzo kicked in when looking for Kat. 

He also wants them to scrub the place of any information pertaining to the mob or any of us.

        Since it's the autumn season the sun sets much earlier than it does in the summertime. It's good for us because we want everyone out of the trails and gone by the time we drag Rylee-Steven off to his death. Renzo had me googling trails that would be dangerous enough to have Rylee actually fall harshly enough to mangle himself. Our phones are off so we don't ping the towers anywhere near here. 

We're on burner phones for this. My cousin had texted me that he's almost here, so I stretched outside of the car and gave myself a quick cigarette break before I had to lug this asshole through the woods.

-

        Renzo showed up in normal clothing and tossed me a pair of sneakers and clothes for me to change out of my suit for this hike. Thank god. He also pulled out a backpack with a water bottle, some health bars he took from Rylee's apartment and hiking boots. He's gonna sell the story well.

After a quick search of the surrounding area we saw we were alone. No witnesses, so we pulled Rylee-Steven out of the trunk. He isn't dead yet. We don't wanna leave gunshot wounds or anything else that leaves evidence. He truly is gonna die by dropping off a cliff. God, that's gonna hurt. 

The poor bastard. He was trying to yell while Renzo started pulling off his shoes to put his hiking boots on. Renzo shoved a dirty headband in the guy's mouth to shut him up. 

You know, one of those sweatbands a guy can use to collect the sweat on his head. It was in the backpack. He tried fighting us because we had to take the shoe laces off his wrists for fear of leaving ligature marks.