Chapter 64 (Dante's POV)

"Just talk to him. I did" Kitten was on the breakfast stool waving her legs back and forth because they're too short to touch the ground. Mine outstretched into her space, so it works out. It was a cereal kind of morning. 

"I'm sure talking is exactly what you did" I side eyed Kat just in time to see her blush crimson all over. It made me laugh over my bowl. "Dante" she did her little gasp she does when I say inappropriate things in front of her. 

"I'm just saying...he's a lot softer with you than he is with me. Just cuz you two made up doesn't mean he won't still kick my ass" I waved the spoon at her.

I had originally come here this morning to talk to Kat about something in particular, but I was stalling. "Do you need me to talk to him on your behalf? I feel responsible for your estrangement with one another. I'd like for you two to solve things amongst you" Kitten was all nervous. 

I told her to chill out and we continued with our cereal.

        "You know, I actually came by for a reason..." I trailed off. My head was bowed down to take in another scoop, so I wasn't looking at her when I said it. "Oh, so it wasn't to take my Reese's?" She playfully called me out. She buys better cereals. What can I say? 

"It's the nurse..." again I trailed off. Kat's feet stopped swinging and she put an elbow on the table to turn my way. "Jackie?" She wanted to clarify. "Yes, Kitten. Keep up here." She waved for me to go on. 

"Well, I met the pottery girl, right? And she's hot. I see where ya head was at with that, but..." I was hoping she would fill in the blanks. I feel stupid admitting it out loud.

        "Dante, she has a name. It's Abbie," was her main concern. Then she stopped and thought back on my words. "You like Jackie" she put it together. "Somewhat...kinda. She's a good time," I fumbled. Kat leaned her head into her closed fist and smirked. 

"You like her" she repeated herself. I huffed and dropped my spoon. "There's a certain appeal" I rubbed my neck. Those little hazel eyes were burrowing into me. Makes me skittish. 

"You can admit it. To me at least. You like her" she really drove the point home. I gave in. "Yeah...I kinda like her." The grin that split across Kitten's face you'd think I just professed my love to her. "Oh Dante, this is good" she sat up and clasped my forearm. "Really? I thought you'd be pissed that I didn't wanna see your friend."

        Kat waved me off and shook her head. "I wanted you to find someone you took seriously. Jackie seems great. You should bring her around more" she got right on board. "That's the thing...I don't know if the nurse is really up for anything more than a booty call arrangement, And maybe I'm fine with that too. I don't know" I shrugged. 

I didn't wanna admit it out loud, but I kinda wanted to see if Jackie would wanna do a more exclusive booty call thing...but then doesn't that just end up making me Renzo? Lord help us.

        "Are you fine with it?" Her eyes bounced up and down, reading me. She's pretty receptive to my innermost thoughts. I can't lie to her. "I just don't wanna fuck shit up by making my intentions sound too serious. I'm really not sure how to go about this, kitten."

Since we were finished with our breakfast Kat hopped down and grabbed both our bowls to bring with her. "I don't really know Jackie's personality type, so I can't say for sure. From what you told me she's a pretty up front girl. If you're up front with her would she really react badly to that or respect it?" She asked me, and I wish I knew. 

        "I'm just gonna freestyle it. Whatever comes into my head at the moment I'm gonna say that" I decided. Overthinking is gonna fuck me up. Kat's lips pressed together, "Are you sure you don't wanna have just a general idea about what you wanna say to her?" I could see she disapproved of my method.