Chapter 25

Things were wild at the club tonight. I think the person who came in was somewhat of a celebrity or something. Nobody I knew, but most people did. The person bought out most of the tables and just had tons of people with him. 

Usually Renzo doesn't let people without a membership come in here without being vouched for by a member. But never this many people all at once. It made me curious, so I walked out of the office to ask the first person I saw. It was Vivica the vivacious woman. 

She and I never speak much. She seems like a veteran girl who is the type to 'get her bag' and go. When I asked her what was going on and who all those people were I found out that the guy is in fact a celebrity, but he's into some super shady stuff on the side apparently. 

        Renzo told me this once, that some people actually just love hanging out with criminals like some cheap thrill. They act like they are Tony Montana living out their scarface dream. All those people are members or vouched for. A bunch of crooks is who they all are. 

The dancers were making a ton of money though, and I was glad for them. Raquel had called for reinforcements asking the dancers whose night's off it was if they wanted to come in for a special event. Most said yes. So we are at what we call a 'full house' tonight.

        When my desk phone rang I picked it up with little thought. "Fuoco Lento, Kat speaking," I answered by the second ring. "Your accent is getting very good" a sexy voice filled my line. "Why are you calling me on the office phone?" I chuckled at Renzo's antics. 

"Well, you were very concerned about being busy with work, so I called the office. This is a business call" he informed me. "Oh yeah? And what business do you have with me?" I asked him while entering something into the computer in front of me. 

        "So much business, too much business. Maybe we shouldn't discuss it over the phone. Maybe we should have a meeting" he told me. I think I heard a distant chuckle when I huffed at him. "For someone with such a strong worth ethic you really haven't shown me much of it. Aren't you supposed to be working on something, Mr. Revello?"

"Yeah...working you over and flipping you around to have at it again" he deadpanned. His voice sounds so good over the phone. Deep, a temptation. "You've made me a very bad employee" I tried sounding stern, but ended up sounding affected. 

"Oh but you're such a very good girl" he hooked me. 

        I bit my lip and swooned. "You liked that, didn't you?" He chuckled. "It's how I hooked you the first time, it's how I'll hook you again. Come up" he tempted me. "Renzo, I literally have a ton of stuff to do. If I go up now I'll be working here until 4 o' clock in the morning" I huffed, but just because I really really wanted to go up. 

He sucked his teeth. "I can't work with you being here. I might have to fire you" he warned me teasingly. "Yeah? Then who's gonna pay my bills? You?" I was obviously kidding, but he deadpanned, "Yeah."

        I scoffed. "As it is I can't find a place that'll let me rent for 300 a month like my old sharehouse. I'm tryna move out of the apartment YOU pay for. I can't have that" I shook my head. Not that he could see it. Actually...he can see it. He could be looking at me through the camera. I wouldn't know. 

"You aren't leaving that apartment, Kat" his playfulness turned right back into bossiness. That was said out as an order. "You can't pay $2,000 a month! A month! I'm not comfortable with that. Just, no" I huffed. 

"Kat, that doesn't even put a dent in my pocket. Don't let your pride get in the way. Why live in a shit hole when I'm offering you your own space?" He was being serious. He couldn't see the problem with it.