Chapter 33

Renzo was being very cryptic with his odd request today. He asked if I could come by his apartment at 6:30, but I reminded him it's Thursday, which means I have to work in, like, an hour. He said it was fine and that he'd give me a ride over to the club. 

When I asked why he needed me to 'come by' he wouldn't tell me. Still, he piqued my curiosity, so I went over to his building. I'm on his list of people who can come up at will. He told me that last night and it felt really good to hear. 

        I didn't know where his dang broom was like a week ago, and now I have access to his apartment. I think Renzo makes a lot of mistakes, but I genuinely think it's from ignorance of not knowing how to be a normal boyfriend, and not because he's a crappy guy. He's learning slowly when he does make the mistakes and I point them out. 

I feel like I'm a real part of his life now. Not just him in my world, but me in his.

        When I got to the building I gave my name and went up the private elevator that reaches Renzo's floor. When I got to his actual door I had to knock, even though I had texted him that I was walking inside now. 

I knocked and waited another 30 seconds before I heard the door knob finally start to turn. When he pulled it open I smiled at the sight of his handsome face. He was in the relaxed version of his suit. He had a white button down today, which makes him look less menacing than when he wears his signature all black. 

"Hey" I smiled and almost went up on my toes to kiss him, but his hand sort of stopped me. I was about to ask why, but then he took a half step back and I could see it.

        Actually, my eyes could see it, but my brain couldn't actually compute it. Standing in Renzo Revello's living room was MY family. I gasped, looked at Renzo, looked back at them with wide eyes, and finally it all clicked. I yelped in excitement while rushing forward to greet them. 

"Oh my gosh! How are you here right now?! Why are you here?!" I was hugging my mom tight around the neck, then my father, and wiggling in my brother's arms was my niece. I snatched her from him and instantly started kissing those cute cheeks. I gave my brother a side hug since the baby was on my hip now.

        "I'm so confused!" I finally exclaimed once the happy shrieks and hugs passed us. "For your birthday. Your boyfriend brought us to you as the present" my mom filled in the blank. My neck snapped in his direction. He was just standing back and letting me greet my family. 

When our eyes met I wanted to kiss this man from head to toe, but never in front of my parents. Still I was in shock. Genuinely and truly surprised. I went to Renzo and hugged him. My eyes almost felt teary, but only because I was so filled with love. 

"Renzo, this is amazing...I-I don't even know what to say. This is so thought" I looked up at him. He chuckled and wiped the corner of my eye. "We'll talk later. Go, go to them" he turned me back around. 

        My mother and I clasped hands and I walked everyone to the living room. "Tell me everything! How long are you here for? Oh gosh! I don't have an air mattress for my apartment, but mom, dad, you obviously take my bed and I'll find an air mattress for Michael and-" my mother motioned for me to slow down. 

"He booked us the hotel too," she explained. Again my head snapped in his direction. I smiled and patted for him to come sit beside me. "Oh I'm so excited! I thought I'd have to celebrate a birthday without you" I looked around at everyone. 

Mya was back on my lap, but I could tell this new place intrigued her. She was looking all around at the high ceilings and the big windows where she could see the twinkling lights of the buildings.