Chapter 9

When I woke up I was momentarily disoriented. It was dark in my room, but when I had shut my eyes last the house was filled with sunlight, so what time is it? I took my phone from under the pillow and saw it was just after sunset. I have work. I need to get up. 

When I shifted slightly I hit a wall. Not a wall. Renzo. He was breathing quietly in his sleep. Even asleep he looks handsome as ever. Darn him. His face actually doesn't hold any lines of an angry expression or cold mask. He looks peaceful and he takes on a whole new beauty that way. 

I didn't mean to stare at him, but when he started shifting around I snapped my eyes away.

        "What're you doing?" He mumbled out in his deep sleepy delicious voice. "I have to work in a bit. I need to get ready" I tried moving from his draped arm around me. He didn't budge. "You aren't going to work today" he tried pulling me back to him. 

"Renzo, you can't play favoritism this way or your other employees might put in a complaint" I huffed at him. His chest rumbled in amusement. 

"First of all, nobody would open their mouth to me about any complaint because everybody knows who the fuck they're talking to. Second, I am playing favoritism because I happen to enjoy you slightly more than the others" he stated sarcastically then tried pulling me to him again.

        "Kat, you looked pale earlier and you're over tired. You aren't going to work until almost two in the morning. You're gonna take care of yourself tonight, and for the next two days that the club is closed. And I'm not asking" Renzo made sure to let me know. 

"I just slept a good handful of hours" I stretched to try and get myself to be more alert. This nap gave me a headache instead of fixing anything. "Then you're gonna get up and eat, then you're gonna sleep another handful of hours" he copied my line.

 I went to the bathroom and by the time I returned he was sitting up in all his glory. 

        "Wanna order something so you don't have to waste your energy on cooking?" He asked me. I just stared at him for a moment. He's so handsome in his black button down that he now has rolled up. 

His cufflinks are on my nightstand for real this time. His eyes don't look sleepy, they look sultry. He looks so good to the eyes, but I'm still pretty upset with him, and I'm not going to play house and pretend that I'm not. 

        "Renzo, everything I said before I laid down still stands. I'm not gonna stay in purgatory. Please, if you are going to take care of anything then let it be yourself, and figure out what you want" I told him. His hard face returned instead of that sleeping peaceful one I had just seen in bed. 

"I've already told you more than once that I want you, so what the fuck do I have to figure out? Nothing" the stubborn man went against my words. He knows what I mean, but he doesn't want to be held accountable to everything we discussed before I had gone light headed.

        I walked to the fridge to see my options, but decided on getting the local menus out to order something as Renzo suggested. I don't wanna cook right now. As I browsed them I could feel Renzo's eyes burning holes into me. 

"If- if you wanna meet Vittoria then fine. Then you'll see I don't care about her. You aren't gonna like her. I'm warning you right now. But I don't accept your terms of 'backing off ' or whatever the fuck you said" he used quotations with the motion of his fingers. 

I looked up from the menu and just wanted to sigh at this man. Renzo walked up to me and removed the paper from my hand. When he caught my attention he ran a thumb down my cheek and said, "You are my Grace, Kat. And I know you don't know what that means, but one day I'll explain. Okay?"