"Kat" I heard Dante rush up. He couldn't stop me though. I went into Renzo's bedroom and tossed his lamp clean across the room. Once I heard the shattering of glass I saw how cathartic it is to destroy something. I shoved his night stand over. 

The items inside the shelf scattered at our feet. Oh wonderful. He does own condoms, just doesn't put them on. Dante tried calling me to stop this. He followed me back and forth across the room, but I started ripping the sheets off his bed and throwing his pillows everywhere. 

        I guess from the noise of me crashing everything around Renzo overheard. He quickly came out of his bathroom with a low towel only his fists were holding closed. "What the fuck?!" He barked out. His brows were furrowed, but then he paused and tried understanding what he was seeing. Of course he wasn't expecting me here, so I caught this stone cold mask of a man off guard. 

"Kat," he started saying. Just his voice saying my name was like nails on a chalkboard. "NO, YOU DON'T GET TO SAY MY NAME" I shoved his upholstered bench over and started to run out of the room. I can't be here. I can't look at him. 

        "KAT! WAIT! It's not what you think!! KAT" Renzo started calling after me when he pieced things together. He was only in a towel, so he must've rushed to try to throw some pants on to be able to chase after me. 

I rushed down the flight of stairs, past his living room, and when I saw Vittoria still smiling I grabbed the girls heels and threw one then both of them right at her stupid head. She wailed like a street cat, so I probably hit her. I didn't stay long enough to find out.

        All I could hear was Renzo yelling a bunch of stuff, Dante was telling Renzo to let me go, and then the sound of my own feet stomping through his foyer and out his front door. I clicked for the elevator like six times. 

When the doors opened I was relieved, but my pulse spiked when I saw Renzo come barreling out of the apartment. Close. Please, close. Close. I saw Renzo's bare chest, wet hair, and bare feet. He had only just gotten his pants on, but he was calling after me telling me it wasn't what I thought. He didn't touch her, he said. 

When the doors closed before his hand could stop it I huffed out a sigh of relief. I heard him banging against the closed elevator door while it started to descend to the lobby. I'm running out of here. I will not face Renzo right now for fear of committing a second murder.

        My heart was beating too fast. My mind was whirling. My body was trembling. No. I wanted to be of sound mind and body when I told Renzo that I.am.done. All I kept seeing in my eyes was Vittoria in a towel and Renzo's unmade bed. 

When the elevator dinged and those doors opened I ran like my life depended on it. I bursted out of the lobby and sucked in some street air. I was ready to run down this busy city street until I could no longer see even the tip of Renzo's building in my eye line. I want to get as far away from him and Vittoria as possible.

        My phone started ringing off the hook with both Renzo and Dante's phone numbers. I ignored it and called someone else. "Hello?" I heard the classy voice of Grace when she answered the call. "Grace, where are you?" I got straight to the point. 

"Uh- is everything okay?" She asked instead of answering me. "Renzo cheated on me and I need to get outta here. I'm so angry I-" Grace didn't even let me finish my sentence. First she gasped, then she told me, "Kat, I was just about to leave for New York...I'll pick you up."

New York...perfect. As far as possible. 

        "Do it. Tell no one" I warned her, then sent her the address to the random street I was now standing on. Everything felt like it was going a million miles a minute. New York. This is perfect. I want to put miles between myself and that Italian snake and her lying lover.