Chapter 11 (Renzo's POV)

Start from the beginning

He saw Vittoria peck my lips the other day when we were saying good night, and he thinks Kat doesn't know about it. He thinks I am going to cheat on Kat and fuck around with wild Vittoria. He doesn't trust me. I don't think Kat does either. 

And that's why I agreed to this stupid meet and greet because I thought maybe that would buy me some trust here.

        "OH, I remember that! That was the summer we all went to Italy. Dario tried stealing our aunt's car and almost fucking crashed it" Dante threw his head back and laughed at whatever they were talking about. I'm so wired up in tangled knots right now I can't hear a goddamn word. 

I'm sitting here with a clenched gut waiting for something. I don't know what, but I hate the feeling it's giving me. "I was there" Vittoria suddenly turned her head away from me and joined the conversation so naturally. She's multitasking.

       "Were you?" Dante tipped his head trying to think. Rocco scratched his chin, but then his eyes went wide like he knew something was about to be said. When his eyes snapped to mine I knew I wasn't gonna like it. Fuck. 

"Yes, that was the summer Renzo and I snuck away. Remember?" She smiled and looked at me. Don't say it. Do not say it. I just tightened my jaw and nodded yes. I could feel Kat looking at me, and her brows knit together when she saw how uncomfortable I was. 

"I guess you were all big trouble that summer. I got in so much trouble for sneaking off with this guy and losing my virginity" Vittoria giggled like she was genuinely recalling sweet old memories, but that was deliberate and calculated.

All eyes went to her and I. The air turned thick with too many thoughts and feelings flying around the room. I saw Kat's spine stiffen at her words. Dante just took a sip of his drink, while my brother and Grace exchanged private glances, and probably just had a whole conversation with only their eyes. 

        "Moving on" I had to be the one to announce since it was painfully awkward in the room. Kat was fidgeting beside me until she couldn't help herself. She popped up from the sofa and offered everyone even more drinks. I think Grace said sure just to give poor Kat something to do.

I don't know how to defend Kat without actually causing more harm than good. I know Vittoria will attack her if I start getting defensive. It might look like I'm not doing much, but this is actually me silently keeping the peace. I fucking hate this.

-

        After a little while of calmer conversation we moved to the dining room where Kat had laid out some finger food type snacks for us to munch on. Since we've all been drinking to combat the awkwardness I think food is a good idea. 

We all started taking what we wanted and finding seats for ourselves. My dining room has a long table set at it's center. Plenty of room for only 6 people.

 When I felt a hand at my back while someone leaned over to grab something that was set more in the middle of the table, I thought it was Kat. But when I saw Kat across the table with her eyes glued down, I realized it was Vittoria using me to hold herself when she leaned over. 

Exposing more of her generous chest of course. She's practically serving them to me on a platter. She wants me to look.

        I motioned to go sit with Kat, but Vittoria took my bicep in her hand to stop me. "Wait, we've barely spoken. Kat, you don't mind if we catch up? He's just sitting right here" she motioned to the chair next to hers. Kat's eyes looked between us, but she blushed and said, "Um, okay, sure." Ah fuck

"Kitten" Dante called her to get her eyes off of us. Whatever he even said to her I could no longer hear because all I could focus on was the thick tension between me and Vittoria, and in the distance with Kat. I sat but looked at Vic pointedly. In Italian I asked, "What are you trying to accomplish?"

        She licked her lips, I won't lie and say she doesn't have beautiful lips. She does. And she knows if she licks them and tries getting my eyes on them that I'll think about those thick lips around my thick cock. 

"I'm not trying to accomplish anything. We always catch up when one of us is in town. Can I not speak to you at all because of your little girlfriend?" She called me out. "Just by the way you address her with such little respect is why you can't chat with me" I had enough of this.

        "Renzo, we never have such filtered conversations. If she wasn't here we would have all laughed about that summer. That wasn't me being a bitch. That was me saying something I would say no matter who was in what room. You're looking into everything because you feel awkward. Well...it was your idea to show your old lover to your new lover. Deal with it" she told me in full Italian. 

Kat's eyes kept privately coming to us, but she'd look away before anyone could notice her glances. She's wondering what we just said to each other. We're talking between the two of us, and I know Kat thinks we're hiding things from her. 

I knew I shouldn't speak to any of them at all. I'll always be stepping on someone's toes if I do.

        "Oh I don't mind. I can help" I heard Kat speak to Grace and possibly my brother, but I don't know what the conversation is. "Kat, you seem like a very sweet girl" Vittoria leaned on the table to present herself for those who were beside someone else, and complimented Kat. Why? 

Maybe she's right. Maybe I am being paranoid because of my own awkward feelings towards all this. Maybe Vicky just tried showing some good faith by saying something kind. I need to just chill out and stop overthinking this. 

She's right. I am on her case about everything she's saying, even though she would absolutely still say all the things she said today no matter who was in the room. Maybe it isn't an attack on Kat.

        "Um, thank you Vittoria" Kat smoothed her napkin in front of her so she had a reason to dart her eyes down. She was blushing again, but I know she's not just embarrassed. She's stressed out and it's causing a flush over her. 

"Yeah, Kat is great. I was new to Boston when I moved here for Rocco and she's been a good friend" Grace put her hand out to take Kat's in solidarity. "Oh geez, guys. No need to make me the center of attention" she laughed awkwardly. 

        "I don't mind being the center of attention. Someone say something nice about me" Dante threaded his fingers behind his head and leaned back. This is the one time his stupid humor is actually a damn blessing to me.

"There isn't much to say, pal" my brother joined in on the messing around, to goof off with him and avert from any crisis. I know we all have to feel this immense pressure. It can't just be me.

        "Excuse me, I must use the restroom. Kat, could you show me?" Vittoria suddenly stood and rounded the table before I could catch her. "Uh, don't you already know where it is, Vicky" I quickly spoke up so she wouldn't take Kat out of this room and corner her. 

When I saw a flash of hurt on Kat's face I realized what I just did. I walked right into it when I announced that Vicky already knows where my bathroom is because she's been here plenty of times. Fuck. 

No matter if I let her walk out with Kat, or told her no, I still hurt Kat in the end. Fucking fuck. "It's okay...I can show you" Kat turned away from me and walked V out. This is not gonna be good.

"You're crushing it bud" Dante gave me a thumbs up. I flipped him off.