Volume 4 Author's Rants

Heyo, Cenonn dayo! We're finally done with FAW's Volume 4! Let's gooo!!! If you checked AO3, this volume is titled "Another One from the Old World."

Anyways, this volume focused more on the primary antagonist of this fic: the Unkindness. After the events of the Idol Fan Tournament, they know what Mikage really is and so, they are out to get him.

And like what I usually do in my author's rants, I will talk about the specific arcs that happened in this volume.

Yogiri in Another World Arc (Chapter 61 - 63, Maio 31 - Junio 9)

I always planned that one of the people who knew Mikage would get summoned in this world. Initially, that person would be Haruto Domyoji (Mikage's high school gaming friend back in Volume 2) but one reader of mine named @AFuckinLolicon is also a Yogiri simp like me and so, I was convinced that it won't be a bad idea if I were to promote her to a much more important character.

Aside from that, this arc showed a little crash course about the difference between Enchantment and Stored Magic. The reason for that is simple: cause my beta reader won't shut up about the possibilities of Stored Magic being OP and totally pay-to-win so I nerfed it and made Enchantment. (Curse you, buddy. I know you're reading this).

Career Talk Arc (Chapter 64 - 69, Junio 19)

I remembered back in high school, we had lots of career talks when we were in our graduating year. That's why I decided to place one here in FAW... plus the school attack of course.

Besides, I thought this would be a good time to show how being a knight works and the difference between the education system in FAW compared to real life.

Also, I showed Spade Echo once more since lots of people apparently like her. No, seriously. She's pretty popular.

Anyways, I turned her into a high school student because high school phantom thieves are cool, like Kaito Kid. As for her name, "Momo", I chose that name since that's a part of the kanji reading of her name, which is "Kuromomo Kage."

But I'm not someone who would create filler scenes so I gave a little bit of Spade Echo's past and her friend, Mitsukage Yachiyo. I'm sure you guys already got the hint on what kind of role Mitsukage has.

Of course, the career talk wouldn't go smoothly since the Unkindness attacked without warning. And I showed even more of Mikage's ability to command darkness since he hijacked the Shadow Companions after he and the two girls were teleported.

I originally planned to introduce Haato in the last arc of Volume 4 but I can't wait to write about her so I went and placed her here and even gave her a significant role in helping Mikage.

The arc ended with Yogiri revealing that she is gifted with Light Magic and somehow killed a Living Darkness. I would want to add another chapter but I soooo wanted to finish this arc in Chapter 69 for the meme.

And I'm not sorry for dropping a huge teaser about Noel getting arrested and then going on a break for a few weeks. But at least, I returned as promised, right?

Framed Captain Arc (Chapter 70 -76, Junio 25 - 29)

Since I'm a sucker for mystery arcs, I decided to insert one in Volume 4 too. I always like stories where a guy gets framed and they have to prove their innocence for the rest of the story. And since I was writing this arc already, I decided to further explore the Westa Knight Order.

In case you didn't notice, the captains revealed in this arc (except for Reagan) are all Vtubers. That's right! Scarlet Magus, Vein, and Dai Shima are all Vtubers.