Chapter 102: A threat that can destroy the world

Several golems headed towards us while we prepared for a fight. Even though I expected something like this to happen, I still felt disappointed.

Because it's expected of this world to be a disappointment, right? Noir said.

I unsheathed Anya and looked at the approaching army. The Legion was supposed to be a defense system capable of destroying a country overnight. With only six of us, this was going to be a tiring battle.

Or at least, that's what I thought.

Kanata walked forward and cracked her knuckles. A large golem lunged at her and swung down its fist. But using her three fingers, she stopped the attack.

"Not bad", she grinned.

Cracks appeared on the golem's arm and Kanata swung it around to mow down the other attackers. After that, she threw the golem away and pointed at Rikka.

"Is that all you got, Core Mind?!" she asked.

In response to her taunt, Rikka snapped his finger and several cannons popped up from some golems. But I somehow managed to make her shadow rise up and protect her from compressed mana beams.

"You can thank me later", I told her.

"I didn't really need it but okay", Kanata replied.

Red sparks appeared around Ollie and she charged at the golems. Following her was Ayame, who unsheathed both of her swords, and some skeleton soldiers which were summoned by Rushia.

"Hey, Ayame! Are we doing that battle tactic?!" Kanata asked.

"With our current resources, that seems to be the best one!" Ayame answered.

"Wait... Are you serious?!" Rushia shouted.

Interesting. What kind of strategies do the student council presidents of the Underworld Academy and the Celestial Academy have that is the best fit for this situation? Anya muttered.

Ayame and Kanata nodded to each other before going separate ways.

"DON'T GET IN MY WAY!!" they shouted.

Now that's a fool-proof tactic! Noir snickered.

Ollie grinned as large waves of red sparks came out of her body and hit the golems. Green skeletal hands made from magic floated near Rushia and swatted away her enemies while her skeleton soldiers were fighting.

I then tried to charge straight at Rikka but some of the Legion blocked my path. One golem swung its arm but I commanded its shadow to cut off its limbs.

But while I was busy with that, more golems prepared their cannons and fired their attacks. There were also some large golems that were blocking my escape routes so I had no other choice.

"Synchronicity Release!" I shouted.

My shadow protected me from the compressed beams and once they were done, I created a sword made from Dark Magic and struck down three golems' limbs with Merryweather's Royal Dual Wielding.

A large golem swung down its weapon but I switched to Yoclesh's Oni Rush. Using swift and precise attacks, I managed to immobilize the golem before going back to Merryweather's Royal Dual Wielding.

"Interesting. The Sword of Records is a powerful weapon", Rikka said.

I knocked back one golem using Leo's Wild Sword that had Ryuuki's Enhancement Magic. A beam of white light came out of my hand and froze the other golems using Ars' magic.

But despite defeating a few of them, there were still many more golems waiting for a chance to kill me.

"Do you know why the Legion is scary?" Rikka asked.