Chapter 17: First dates are always rough.

"Good day, Mikage", a woman greeted me.

She had blue hair and was wearing a cute white dress. A pair of glasses was on her face and her smile was gentle. For one day, she was going to be on a date with me. Although I never had a date before, I had no choice but to accept it.

I know that I told Amelia that I had no problem with girls but... talking to popular idols was a hurdle. That's right. The girl in front of me was a popular idol named Suisei Hoshimachi.

###

It all started when Amelia asked me to go to her office. When I was finished with work, I went there and saw Suisei sitting on a couch.

"Mikage, glad you could come", Amelia greeted me.

"You said you needed help... And I admit I'm a bit confused why you need me to go on a date", I said.

"About that... Let me introduce you to my client, Suisei Hoshimachi."

"Suisei? Sounds familiar..."

"Of course it sounds familiar. She's a popular idol!"

Ah. I remembered seeing some of her posters on the streets. Also, some of the knights in my unit would talk about her.

"So? Why would a popular idol hire you?" I asked.

"It's better if I show this to you", Amelia showed me several photos.

There were all pictures of Suisei walking on the streets and visiting shops.

"I kept on receiving pictures and letters about my whereabouts. Like for example, in this letter, it showed my location at a given time. And at the end of every letter, the words "I'm always watching you" is there", Suisei said.

"So you got a creepy stalker. And you hired Amelia to find out the stalker's identity?" I asked and she nodded.

"And this is where you come in, Mikage... I need you to go on a date with Suisei", Amelia said.

"So that the stalker would get jealous and we would lure him out... I see. But why me?"

"First of all, you're a knight so you could easily protect her if the situation becomes rough... Also, you're the only guy I knew who I could trust with the safety of my client."

"And you're okay with this?" I asked the idol.

"I trust Amelia's decisions so if she says that you're a good person, then I will believe it", Suisei answered.

###

And so we decided to meet up today in front of the plaza. Although this was just pretend, I still felt nervous. I was once a delinquent and a video game nerd. Back in my world, people would look at me and say, "That guy's not gonna get a girlfriend" since I would geek out with my friends on video games. I never thought I would get a date in another world.

"So... What should we do?" I asked her.

"To tell you the truth, I've never been on dates before so I don't know", she said.

Ah crap... It's her first date too? Wait a minute... This was just pretend so it doesn't count. That's right... So there was absolutely no pressure on me. I was just a guy who was on a pretend date with a popular idol who just happened to be in her first date...

Now that I thought about, a woman would complain online that "all men are trash/ cheapskate" and throw whatever insults when their date would mess up in their date back in my old world... Ah great... I was practically representing every man out there. If I mess up, Suisei would think bad of men. And if she would talk bad about men, her female fans would also think bad of them. So the fate of every man's reputation was on my hands?! This was too much pressure!