Special Chapter: A certain summoner's story.

A black-haired wolf boy was in front of me. He was probably around 15-17 years old. A black sword was being held by his hands and he pointed it at me.

"Are you ready?" I asked.

"Yes!" he enthusiastically replied.

I looked over his stance and I could tell he had experience in fights. There weren't any obvious openings and I could feel his attention being focused on me.

"Under the name of Mitsukage Yachiyo,

I bind you to your contract.

Obey me!

Fire Atronarchs!" I chanted.

Three humanoid beings made up of fire appeared in front of me. Those were Fire Atronarchs, summoned creatures that could shoot out flames. They were the most basic of summoned creatures and were very easy to control.

"My test is defeating those three, right?" the boy asked.

"That's right. You can do anything like using any magic or weapons. I'll just observe you over here", I answered.

The boy charged at the Fire Atronarchs and swung his sword. He was clearly trained in wielding that weapon since he didn't make any unnecessary movements. In one swift motion, he cut one of the Fire Atronarchs into two pieces and made it disappear.

The other two Fire Atronarchs maintained their distance and shot balls of fire. The boy easily dodged those attacks and closed the gap between another Fire Atronarch in just a few seconds.

After cutting down the second Fire Atronarch, the boy faced the third one. It continued shooting out flames but the boy effortlessly dodged them. Only a few seconds passed and the boy cut down the last one.

"How's that? Did I do well?" he asked.

"Yeah. You've proven that you can survive as an adventurer. You pass the test", I gave him a piece of paper to certify that he passed my examination.

"That's great! I was worried that the test would be difficult. I just have to show this to a clerk and they'll approve my request to be registered, right?" he asked.

"That's right. What's your name, kiddo?"

"Yuzuya. My name is Yuzuya Miyazaki."

"Alright. I look forward to hearing your accomplishments as an adventurer, Yuzuya."

The boy ran out of the examination room. My work as an examiner was done and I was about to leave when a pink-haired girl approached me.

"Did he pass the test?" she asked.

Her name was Anemachi, one of the Adventurer Guild's clerks. She's popular among the adventurers despite being a fairly new clerk.

"Yep. He's quite strong so I'm sure he'll go far", I answered.

"It sure is nice to see hopeful young people", she said.

I saw that she had a troubled look on her face and since I was a nice guy, I decided to ask.

"Is something wrong? You've been having a troubled expression lately."

"You've heard of my little sister, right?"

I nodded. She once told me that she had a cute little sister who was very sickly. Her little sister spent most of her time in her bed because of her weak body.

"She's getting worse and the doctors can't do anything", she said.

"Does she have an incurable disease?"