Chapter 103: A glimpse of my true power

Shadow Leo headbutted a Legion robot and threw another one across the room. Meanwhile, Shadow Merryweather was cutting down Legion robots and Shadow Shiki and Shadow Miyuki were teaming up.

One of the Legion robots dodged Shadow Leo's Wild Sword Style. In response, Shadow Leo switched to Oni Rush and severed its legs. Shadow Merryweather used Wild Sword Style to catch his opponent off guard and immobilize them.

"You may... have... data about us... But can you gather them... in time... before the other masters defeat... your Legion?" I asked Rikka.

This body is weird but at least I'm having fun!, Shadow Leo shouted.

It's been a long time since I was on a battlefield, Shadow Merryweather said.

Focus, you two. We have to finish this quickly, Shiki told them.

Shadow Yoclesh freely switched between Wild Sword Style and Oni Rush as she made her way towards Rikka. With Shadow Jihn supporting her, they were getting closer towards our opponent.

However, Rikka snapped his finger and several Legion robots blocked their paths and waited for them to get closer. Even though I wasn't an expert tactician, I could see what he was trying to do.

My body was heating up as the headache was making me feel like my mind was being split into eight other parts. It got harder to breathe and my sense of touch was going numb.

"Can you last long enough until the masters defeat the Legion?" Rikka asked.

Grand Heal, Ars' voice echoed in my mind.

A warm feeling wrapped my body as a glowing white light surrounded me. The warm feeling subsided and the headache became bearable. Thanks to Ars, I could push my body beyond the limits and buy more time.

"I see. With the Archmage Ars around, she can heal you once your body is in tatters. That is an ultimate move fitting for you, Mikage Kamishiro", Rikka said.

He took the bluff. So much for being the Core Mind, Merryweather sighed.

While it's true that Ars was healing me, it would only add more burden to myself. After all, the mana she used was mine. Synchronicity would only hasten my mana production and if I overwork it, I might strain my body and weaken my Life Force.

But that was fine since I had an infinite Life Force. Even if I cough blood or if my heart stops beating, I can't die. Although living like a zombie or a ghost might be weird, I don't think that was what's going to happen to me.

Wooh! The Legion is fun to fight with! Shadow Leo cheered.

They are more challenging than the soldiers from the Dark Times, Yoclesh said.

And with Mikage's request, it's harder to fight them, Jihn added.

When I founded Rivella, I also had battles with these limits, Miyuki told them.

Ummm... It's hard to focus if you guys talk like that in my mind, I spoke up.

Sorry about them. They are warriors who enjoy the battle, Ryuuki said.

I'm surprised how they were even considered as battle mages, Ars sighed.

More and more Legion robots were defeated as the masters swept through the battlefield. Shadow Shiki and Shadow Miyuki were fighting alongside Ayame, Shadow Ryuuki was supporting Kanata, Shadow Merryweather led Rushia's skeleton army, and Shadow Leo was having a contest with Ollie.

Shadow Yoclesh and Shadow Jihn stopped when the brown-haired robot girl got in their way.

Hey, hey. This is going to be tough, Jihn groaned.