Chapter 49: Strongest human vs strongest demon.

Defeating Temma was no easy task but at least, I was getting the hang of parallel processing. Although I could use some work on my naming skills. "InfiNight Darkness" was just a really lame pun.

I went to my waiting room and sat on the couch. It was a tough fight but I finally secured a win against Temma. It was amazing how I managed to outsmart him but I had a feeling that he was underestimating me. If he was completely serious, I wouldn't have fooled him.

The next match was about to start and I had to pay attention to it. After all, the winner was going to be someone I will have to fight in the next round.

"The demon who could take on an A-class magic, Oga Aragami!"

"The human girl with unbelievable strength, Noel Shirogane!"

Oga and Captain Noel walked to the arena. Captain Noel had a serious look on her face while Oga had a big grin.

"I'm not exactly a fan of fighting women but that doesn't mean I would pull back my punches", he said.

"You are a powerful opponent", she told him.

"Aw shucks. It's nice to be complimented like that."

Captain Noel entered a battle stance. Was Oga really that powerful?

You haven't faced him before in combat, right? Anya's voice asked.

My sword glowed and it turned into a small girl.

"Oga is not just a normal demon. Even 4000 years ago, he was a genius in combat. My previous master would always lose whenever they sparred. Who knows how strong he is now that he's 5000 years old?"

"And Captain Noel could feel it so she's serious even if the fight hasn't started yet?"

"This would be an interesting fight."

I couldn't help but agree.

"Let your blades dance and your magic go wild! The second round of the Idol Fan Tournament's Semifinals... Start!"

Captain Noel charged and swung her mace. Oga's shadow wrapped around his arms and he blocked it. He then tried to punch her but Captain Noel avoided it. They continued this exchange for a while but it was a stalemate.

She then held the mace using both of her hands. Captain Noel raised it and swung it down. A huge blast of wind came from it and cracks appeared on the ground when it hit Oga's arm.

Oga managed to catch the mace but the darkness surrounding his arm was crumbling away.

"Got ya now!" he snapped the mace into two pieces and kicked Captain Noel away.

"He withstood such a powerful strike?" I couldn't hide my surprise.

"Noel might be strong for a regular human... But physical strength could only take her so far. Oga has the physical strength of a demon and he has magic too. Noel's in for a rough fight", Anya said.

Oga grinned as darkness wrapped around his arms.

"Your weapon is broken, missy. You might want to surrender now or else you'll be in a world of hurt", he told her.

"You're right. My weapon is gone... Flare told me that I shouldn't do this but I think you're strong enough to handle me going all out", she said.

She removed the metal bracers and metal shin guards and carefully placed it on the ground. Captain Noel did some stretches while Oga looked confused.

"Why did you remove your armor? Are you going for speed by removing the heavy things on your body?" he asked.

"Maybe... I got one request for you", she said.