Chapter 39: My past

I was now in my second year in high school. Sanada City was a peaceful one without any delinquents so I managed to graduate from my delinquent life. The difference between Sanada City and Amezakura Town was that people didn't really care how you looked as long as you didn't bother them.

Back in Amezakura Town, people would avoid or pick a fight with me when they see my eyes but in Sanada City, they wouldn't mind at all. It was a great city.

What a great day I had in school. We were at 5 minutes until class was over. And today was Friday.

"Going to give homework, kids", the teacher grinned.

Don't mess with me! NOOO!

The entire class groaned. Weekend homework was a drag. I was planning on spending it playing games.

Yep... That's right. The Chizome no Byakko became a video game nerd. It was a great way to remove stress. Platform games, puzzle games, RPGs, and online games, I played all of them.

The teacher gave us a sheet of paper filled with questions. We were supposed to pass it on Monday... Oh well, I was going to cram it on Sunday evening.

Classes were finally over and I stretched my arms. A male classmate of mine approached me. He was wearing our school's black uniform and his hair was black with a few white streaks.

"It sucks that we have homework. Don't you agree, Mikage-kun?" he said.

"Yeah... I'll do it after tonight's raid. You coming, Haruto-kun?" I asked him.

His name was Haruto Domyoji. He was the one responsible for making me a game nerd. It all started when I saw him play Deity Eater on his PFP and he let me play a stage. From then on, I would play games he would recommend and developed a habit of playing video games.

"This is the first raid where you would take command. I'm looking forward to it", he said and walked away.

Haruto and I were devoted players of a game called Ancient Tales. It was the first MMORPG that Haruto recommended to me and after a year of playing, I reached the level cap which was Level 90. We joined a guild known as White Blade Warriors.

Time passed and I was in my room. I booted up my computer and logged in Ancient Tales. My character was a Level 90 Enhancer. Ancient Tales had 12 main classes and mine belonged to the Mage Class. Unlike the Summoner and the Wizard, the Enhancer focused on supporting their party members by giving buffs and managing the entire party's mana.

Because of this, Enhancers would have difficulty in clearing dungeons since they only have a small number of offensive skills. The reason why I chose the Enhancer class was because I wanted to be a support role instead of being the one in the spotlight. The years of being a legendary delinquent cause me to avoid being famous again.

My log in area was our guild's base and there were already several people online.

"Oh... Shi-kun! You're already online?" Nian, our guildmaster, asked me.

"Yeah... I'm excited for tonight's raid", I answered.

"I'm looking forward to your commands. We're one of the first people who would challenge the Abyssal Chasm", he said.

Ancient Tales recently had an update and one area that was added was a raid zone known as Abyssal Chasm. No one cleared it yet since it was a Full Raid.

Full Raids required 24 players to work together. Monsters were stronger than the ones in the fields and so, players had to make sure they know each other well enough to watch each other's backs.

A man wearing heavy armor walked towards me. It was Harutsugu, Haruto's game character.

"Yo, Shi-kun! Are you ready to lead us?" he asked.