Chapter 70: The Westa Knight Order

It was a regular day and I was minding my own business while sorting out reports. A week has passed since that career talk incident and things have calmed down.

There was lots of criticism for the 13th unit because they let a school get attacked. Captain Noel already had a press conference and made a public apology for that. There were also rumors that a certain man in our unit was being targeted by a dangerous organization but she denied it. And by "certain man", I meant myself.

I couldn't believe the Unkindness was bold enough to attack a school. Then again, I had no idea how they were thinking. If they wanted to, they could just attack me when I was alone like when I was sleeping or something. But I should be happy that they weren't the type to just attack me like that. The last thing I needed was to add more to Amelia's troubles by having the Unkindness attack me in her home.

Captain Noel arrived in the office along with Temma. She looked really tired while Temma had an uneasy expression on his face.

"How was it?" I asked.

"Giving a report to the other captains was a total pain!" she complained and sat down on her seat.

In each of the unit's barracks, there was a room where captains and vice captains could transmit astral projections of themselves and have meetings with one another. The reason they would use this painstaking method was because having all of the captains and vice captains in one location would be dangerous, especially if there was someone who would be able to create a spell that could seal a group of individuals in a room.

"They were grilling her since they thought that her reputation wasn't good enough to scare anyone threatening Westa's peace", Temma said.

"It's not my fault that I'm the youngest captain in history! They think that I was being underestimated because of that! This is unfair!" she shouted.

"The captains of the Westa Knight Order, huh? I memorized their names and I am a bit familiar with their faces. But I don't exactly know any of them", I said.

"You've met Captain Reagan, right?" Temma asked.

"Yeah. He's the captain of the 3rd unit. We first met when we were preparing against Spade Echo who wanted to steal the White Star."

"Yes. Captain Reagan is the captain of the 3rd unit. He's a master of Mind Magic and Illusion Magic and was given the title "The Trickster." Captain Reagan had the highest ever recorded grade in those fields of magic in the Knight Academy."

"I see. If I'm right, the 2nd to 6th units are in charge of Westa North, the 7th to 11th units are in charge of Westa South, the 12th to 16th units are in charge of Westa West, and the 17th to 21st units are in charge of Westa East."

"Yes. And the knights are in charge of maintaining public order. We also act as Westa's military force in case of war."

"Then what about the 1st unit? What's their jurisdiction?"

"The 1st unit is a very special unit. Their jurisdiction is the entirety of Westa and they handle cases that can't be handled easily by a regular unit. They also have more authority than any other units and each of their members have strength equivalent to a captain's."

"That's pretty impressive. So there's a unit that's filled with monsters like Captain Noel?"

"Hey! Don't call me a monster! I'm right here, you know?!" Captain Noel retorted.

Temma and I shared a laugh.

"Captain Noel's strength is simply absurd. What I meant by having strength equivalent to a captain's, I said they can pass the trial to become a captain", Temma explained.