Chapter 19: My trusted partner is a little girl.

Everything was normal when I woke up. My body was refreshed and I could take on another day of work. I was getting used to waking up early. There were even days that I would wake up earlier than Temma.

I stretched my arms as I got out of bed and saw a young girl sleeping on the floor. To make sure that I wasn't seeing things, I rubbed my eyes. The girl was still there and I was pretty sure that I wasn't dreaming since I pinched myself already.

Temma got up from his bed and yawned.

"Morning", he greeted me.

Then he saw the girl sleeping in front of me.

"Mikage... Did you kidnap a girl while I was asleep?" he asked.

"Why in the world did you arrive in that conclusion?"

"So... Care to explain this?"

I had no explanation. Temma slept earlier than me since I was wrapping up the reports to be filed. After that, I locked our room and crashed to my bed. I couldn't explain how a girl got into our room.

"She seems kind of young. I never thought you'd be into little girls", Temma said.

"I did not kidnap her! I'm as confused as you!" I told him.

The girl groaned and opened her eyes. She let out a huge yawn and sat up.

"Good morning", she said.

"Good morning... Sorry to be rude but how did you get here?" I asked her.

"You don't know me, Mikage?"

"Mikage... You're the type who forgets a girl?" Temma asked.

"No! I never met her in my life!"

"Really? You bought me and forgot about it?" the girl yawned again.

"Mikage... I never thought you would buy a slave. You do know that's illegal, right?" Temma looked at me with cold eyes.

"What? I never bought a slave in my life!" I said.

"He's right. I'm not his slave. I'm more like his partner", she agreed.

"Anyway, who are you?" I asked her.

"It can't be helped if you don't know me... Be in awe! I am the legendary Anya Melfissa!" she exclaimed.

"Anya who?" I looked at Temma.

"Never heard of her", he said.

"I guess it's normal for you to not know about me I've been sleeping for more than a thousand years already", she said.

"But how are you related to Mikage?"

"I told you already. He's my owner... Technically."

"So she's your slave?" Temma looked at me.

"Never bought a slave", I told him.

"Mikage took great care of me. He even used me quite nicely", she said.

"Wait... What do you mean by "used?" Don't tell me he did weird things to you."

"Hey! I treat all women with respect even if they are just a child. And besides, it's my first time meeting her."

"We've been through a lot of fights together... Well, not that many fights but it's enough to form a bond", she said.

"You bring a little girl to a battle?" Temma was judging me with his eyes.

"Hold on. I never did that", I told them.

"Yes, you did. I'm your weapon after all."

...