Chapter 99: A talk with nothing

When I opened my eyes, I saw a doppelganger of myself smirking at me. There was only one difference between the two of us which was our eyes. That doppelganger had black scleras and red irises which was unnerving.

And from how he smirked at me, an eerie feeling appeared in my mind like I was staring at a deep and dark abyss while having a suspicion that something else was staring back.

"What do you want, Noir?" I asked.

"Just a private talk. This way, Anya can't listen in", Noir answered.

After raising his finger, two chairs and a table formed out from the darkness that came out of his body. He then sat down and I did the same.

"So... How's it hanging?" Noir asked.

"Did you just bring me here for a small talk?" I asked back.

"I brought you here because I can and now we're gonna have a small talk."

"Just because you can doesn't mean you should."

"And why? Who's gonna stop us?"

"Omegaɑ."

"Puh-lease! They might've gotten stronger as they made one Primordial Being after another but that's not enough!"

"They're pretty unbeatable. Anya said that nothing can beat them."

"And what are we?"

Noir smirked while I clenched my fist.

"What are you planning to do?" I asked.

"Nothing."

Darkness came out of his palms and it formed into birds. They flew upwards before growing into several dragons.

"This world is pretty fun. Messing with people is fun!" he said.

"How come I can't feel anything from your words then?"

From how he acted, it seemed like Noir was trying hard to have fun. Even though it meant earning the anger of others, as long as it was interesting, he would do it.

"I wonder why..." he sighed.

Noir stood up and looked at the empty white space above us. When he raised his arm, darkness consumed the sky.

"Mikage... When you were summoned into this world without your permission, what did you feel?" he asked.

"Confused because I thought a chuunibyou was seriously in character."

I then heard him chuckling. Noir faced me and put on an expression that I didn't expect him to make.

"Must be nice to have a fun first impression like that", he said.

Once again, my heart became empty. No... There was an emotion inside it.

Sadness.

"Noir... Are you..."

"You can leave now. I'm not in the mood to talk anymore."

"Really? I can still listen."

"Do you want me to ask about Amelia Watson?"

"I'm leaving now."

Everything was slowly fading away while Noir was waving his hand. He had a smile on his face but I knew very well that nothing was behind that expression.

###

"Mi.... Mi...kage.... Mikage.... Mikage!!!"

I felt someone shaking my body and when I opened my eyes, I saw Anya worriedly tugging my shoulders.