Finishing the semester and celebrating a birthday

Romeo

We finished the semester, packed, and headed home. We had Raphael's birthday to celebrate. Please don't let it not turn out the way it did last year. Rafe date Helga.

Okay, Kate wasn't that bad besides the grunts here and there. But she wasn't the right fit for little brother.

We arrived home.

Ma tackled us when we got out of the car. "My babies!"

Dad peeled Ma from us like a banana. "Tori, they're home for the next three months. You can love on them all you want."

"Elias, when the boys are under my room, it eases my mind. I don't need a troll sinking their hooks into them."

Rafe walked by our folks. "No worries there."

Ma and Dad looked at Rafe as he entered the house. They turned to us. We looked at the sky.

"What's wrong with Raphael? And don't tell me nothing. I can smell when your lying." Ma squinted her eyes and pointed at us.

"Better yet, what did you do to your brother?" Dad asked.

"Who says we did anything?" Marty asked.

"Who are you bullshitting? Because it's not me. Shall I construct your cells?" Dad gave us a look that said tell the truth, or you won't have freedom.

Yeah, I prefer my freedom because I wanted to see Sage.

"Rafe thinks his luck sucks with girls," Val said.

"Why? Your brother is adorable," Ma said

"Yeah, if you find sarcasm adorable, sure," Pat said.

Ma gave Pat an annoyed look.

"Can we let the boys unpack before you dive into their love lives?" Dad glanced at us. "I don't want to hear about your sex life or an unplanned pregnancy."

My brothers looked at me.

"I make sure to wrap my shit and check for holes," I said.

Dad rolled his eyes and carried a box into the house. We grabbed our stuff and dragged it inside. When we reached the living room, we dropped our bags in the middle of the room and walked away. Ma stopped.

"The boys remind me of my brothers and me." Dad chuckled.

"Then I blame your genes." Ma shrugged.

Dad shook his head and helped Ma take our dirty clothes to the utility room. Ah, it's good to be home.

*********
Rafe

After getting situated at home, I headed to Uncle Gabe's restaurant. I walked in and slid onto a stool at the bar.

"Raphael! I didn't realize you were home." Uncle Gabe walked around the bar, hugged me, and took a seat next to me. "What tickles your palate?"

I arched my brow.

Uncle Gabe chuckled. "Sorry. That's a chef's joke."

"I'll take a chicken wrap."

"One chicken wrap coming up." He turned to the kitchen opening. "Ryden! Make a chicken wrap for me!"

Ryden leaned on the ledge of the kitchen opening. "Do I look like your personal chef?"

"No, but you're my sous chef."

Ryden noticed me sitting at the bar. "Hey, Rafe."

"Hey, Ryder. How goes the new living arrangements?"