The date

Sage

I shifted in my seat.

"There are many delicious entrees on the menu. What do you suggest?" Romeo studied his menu.

"What?"

Romeo lowered his menu. "It's your date. You chose what's I should eat."

I creased my forehead. "Most guys pick for themselves."

"But it's your date."

"I'm confused."

Romeo lay his menu on the table. "Tonight is about you. You suggest a menu item. You pick what we do after dinner. You choose if we hold hands or not. It's your date, which means you decide what happens."

"I never had a guy allow me to suggest anything. Most guys leave midway through the meal."

"Because most guys forget how to treat a girl. It's not complicated. Most girls want a guy who cares about them. So, tonight is about you."

I stared at Romeo and blinked. I opened my menu and checked out the selections. "Are you allergic to seafood?"

"Nope."

"The seafood pasta is good."

"Then seafood pasta it is."

I closed my menu.

The waitress came to our table with a notepad. "What can I get you, handsome?"

I knitted my brows.

"Give the server our order and remind her that I'm your date." Romeo kept eye contact with me.

I cleared my throat and looked at the server. "We would like the seafood pasta and stop flirting with my date. It's unprofessional."

The server's smile disappeared as she took our orders. She gathered our menus and started to leave.

"I would advise not to tamper with our food, or I'll report you to your manager," Romeo said, not taking his eyes off me.

My brows raised. The server's shoulders slumped as she trotted away. Yep, I'm in the Twilight Zone.

********
Romeo

I sat at the table with Sage and studied her body language. Between her fidgeting and hesitation with the server, her nervousness showed. I reached over the table and placed my hand on her hand to stop her from fidgeting. "Relax."

The tension in Sage's body stooped. She gazed at me with her emerald eyes. The color of her eyes contrasted with her auburn hair. Her skin was fair, with a hint of freckles peppering her skin. Her fiery attitude offset her delicate features, which made her strikingly beautiful.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Sage's question brought me out of my observation.

"I was thinking what a wonderful evening we will have."

"You won't tell the others that I paid you for a date, will you?"

"Did you read the disclosure statement?"

"Twice."

"Then you understand I won't disclose our date. I'll treat tonight special and not mention it to anyone."

Sage relaxed more after I reassured her. Another person brought our food to our table and set both dishes in front of us. After they left, we started to eat.

"What should we talk about?" Sage asked.

"Whatever you want."

"Tell me about yourself." Sage took a bite of her pasta.