Two separate lives

Romeo

After that day, Sage and I pretended to annoy each other so no one would suspect anything between us. But when we were alone, it was a different ballgame.

I strolled into her room, holding up her red top in my hand that I snatched from her laundry. Sage looked at me.

"What did I tell you about leaving your clothes in the washer? Now I have pink drawers," I said.

"You should have checked the washer before dumping your clothes in there."

We argued as Pat walked by the doorway. He stopped and entered the bedroom. "Is there ever a time you both aren't arguing?"

"No," we said.

Sage crossed her arms. "Satan's mad because he didn't check the washer."

"Well, Satan's minion gave me pink drawers."

"Yeah, you're on your own." Pat left the room.

We waited until he was out of view. I gave Sage a quick kiss.

"Pink drawers?" Sage asked me.

"I needed a plausible reason to kiss you."

Sage grinned.

I handed her shirt to her. "You might want to wash that. I had to snag it from your dirty clothes."

Sage chuckled. "You're a nut."

"True. Now we need to see a new comedy that's out."

"Does it have action in it?"

"Of course."

"Okay, I'll meet you there."

I gave Sage a quick kiss and left her bedroom. I passed Val on my way down.

He stopped. "What's up with you?"

"Nothing. Why?"

"Because you haven't meddled in anyone's business."

"I've been busy." I shrugged.

Val arched his brow. I came downstairs and plopped into a chair so that I could check movie times. When I found a decent time, I texted Sage.

She texted me back. You're a nut.

True, but you like it.

Yeah, I do. Do you think the other's suspect?

No, they think I'm scheming. I should meddle with Liam and Reese.

Don't you dare.

I was kidding. I don't need to deal with that train wreck.

I don't want to listen to Reese talk about my cousin.

Yeah.

"Who are you texting?" Rafe asked me.

I clicked off my phone. "No one in particular."

"Whatever."

"Where's Katherine? Shouldn't she be harassing the Salvatore brothers? Oh, Stefan. Oh, Damon. Elena, I will destroy you." I mocked the Vampire Diaries.

"You're an idiot."

"Well, you're dating a girl that needs to meet with her parole officer."

Rafe rolled his eyes as someone knocked on the door. He answered it, and Kate sauntered inside. Well, not sauntered but walked a cavewoman.

"Oh, look, it's your passing fancy. I was wondering when she would grace us with her foul mouth," I said.

"You seem sexually frustrated," Kate told me.