Issues

Romeo

After meeting Sage's grandparents, I learned that Ryker unnerves you faster than anyone. No one in my family is quiet. Have you met us? Someone is yelling and getting their ass beat my Dad. The man constructed jail cells for us when we were babies. That should have told us what our futures would hold—a stint in the clink.

"Wait. You met Sage's grandparents and lived?" Casper asked me.

I sat on the couch and crossed my arms. "You make it sound like my life hung in the balance."

"My grandpa, JJ, is quiet but nothing compared to Sage's grandpappy."

I shook my head and rolled my eyes.

"Romeo, that side of the family is different," Liam said.

"What do you mean by different?" I asked.

"Let's say the past can haunt you if you let it," Liam said.

"You're cryptic messages are reassuring." I rolled my eyes.

"Ignore, dumb and dumber. They're trying to start shit." Rafe scrolled through his phone, sitting next to me.

"We met our family. They're insane," Casper said with his legs draped over the arm of the chair.

"Well, our family is batshit crazy. What's your point?" Pat pushed me over and sat down next to me.

"True, but you have idiots on one side and crazy on the other. I'm sure the people in our lives love dealing with crazy idiots." Casper raised his finger.

Rafe looked up from his phone's screen at Casper. "That's your family. Our side is just crazy."

Casper flipped off Rafe. Did I mention that my family rides the short bus without their helmets?

"Where's Valentine?" Casper asked.

"Do you want to live? Keep it up," Pat told Casper.

"Okay, Patrick." Casper rolled his eyes.

Patrick glared at Casper. Yeah, my brothers hated when the family called them by their proper names aside from Ma, Dad, and our grandparents.

"Okay, Casper, the friendly ghost," Rafe said.

"Better than Raphael, the Ninja Turtle. How is Master Splinter?" Casper asked.

Rafe grabbed a book, whipped it at Casper, and beamed him in the head.

Casper grabbed his head. "Damn, Rafe!"

"Shut the hell up, tool!" Rafe said.

Casper and Rafe got to their feet. They didn't have the opportunity to throw punches because Val came into the house and knocked their heads together. I got the hell out of dodge before all hell broke loose.

Plus, I would rather cuddle with a redhead than deal with my idiot family.

********
Sage

I lay on my bed and flipped through a magazine when someone lay on my back. The person moved the magazine away from me and tossed it. I rolled onto my back to find Romeo hovering over me.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Taking a break from my family's shenanigans and spending time with my girl." Romeo leaned down and captured my lips with his.

Romeo lowered himself onto me and cradled my head with his hands. I moved my hands up and down his back, feeling the definition of his back. Damn, he has muscles.

His lips left mine and moved to the tip of my nose as he kissed it. I giggled. Romeo peppered my face with kisses. I've seen guys slobber on their girls, which is gross. No girl wants a guy to leave saliva all over their face.