False celebration

Romeo

I searched all over the school until I spotted Sage and took off running towards her. When I reached her, I picked her up and spun her around.

Sage dropped her books. "Romeo!"

I didn't let her finish speaking and crashed my lips into hers. She wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed me back. People stopped and watched us kiss like fools in the hallway.

I set Sage down and turned to everyone while holding her hand. "I want everyone to meet my girl. She's amazing, fantastic, and incredible." I looked at Sage as she looked at me. "And she's mine."

Sage beamed at me. I gathered her books, grabbed her hand, and led her away from prying eyes. I wanted to spend time with my girl.

"Romeo." Sage stopped me.

I turned to her.

"What happened at the meeting?"

I took her hands into mine. "The school expelled Mindy and apologized to me."

Sage's brows raised.

I swung our hands in and out. "No more hiding or people interfering with us." I released her hands, slid an arm around her waist, and pulled her close to me. "You're the only girl I want because you're everything to me."

"Are you sure? Because I can be a handful."

"If it's my hands and no one else's, then I'm good."

Sage grinned. I leaned into her and captured her lips with mine. She placed her hands on the back of my head and deepened the kiss.

Yeah, I was that guy who showed PDA.

********
Sage

After our mini make-out session in the hallway, we headed to the bakery. We reached the counter, and I stared at the menu.

"Sage?"

I looked at Romeo blankly.

"What did you want to eat?"

I turned back to the menu. "Uh, I'm not hungry."

Romeo and Braydon gave me a quizzical look.

"Are you sure?" Romeo asked me.

"Yeah, but I'll have a hot tea."

"Okay. Give us a hot tea and coffee."

Braydon got our drinks and placed them on the counter. Romeo paid. I grabbed my drink and found a table. Romeo joined me.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Things have been a little hectic." I sipped my tea.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to drag you into my mess." Romeo shook his head slightly.

"Shit happens." I shrugged.

Romeo took my hand into his. "Let me make it up to you. How about we spend an evening cuddling on the couch while watching movies?"

"Okay."

Romeo gave me a smile that would melt your heart. It was one of his best qualities next to his eyes. I'm a sucker for a guy with amazing eyes. I could lose myself in them all day long.

"Sage?"

"Huh?"

"Did you hear me? I asked what movie you wanted to watch?"

"Sorry, I zoned out for a minute. Anything is fine."

"Okay."

What was wrong with me? I couldn't focus, and my appetite went down the drain. Everything was out of sorts with me. One minute, I'm happy as a lark. The next, it terrifies me that Romeo will lose interest in me. I forced a smile even though I wanted to cry.