Returning to school

Romeo

We returned from Myrtle Beach and got settled for the umpteenth time. Geez, you would think we had this down pat.

I tossed my dirty clothes into the hamper as Sage kicked her bag across the floor. "Issues?"

"Packing sucks. You take clean clothes with you and return dirty ones. Can't we burn them and buy new ones?"

I chuckled. "No, because that gets expensive."

"Easy for you to say. Guys, buy three pairs of jeans and a billion shirts. Why do guys need so many shirts?"

"We like variety." I shrugged.

"I like not to wash my clothes. Laundry suckssss."

I snickered. Sage hiked over to the bed, fell face forward, and groaned into the pillow. I walked over, climbed onto her butt, and massaged her back.

"Okay, that is amazinggggg."

"Yeah, I enjoy taking care of my girl."

"You can take care of me anytime." Sage groaned again.

The bedroom door flung open. I stopped massaging Sage. Sage lifted her head and looked at Pat standing in the doorway.

"What are you doing?" Pat quirked his brow at us.

"Romeo was giving me a fantastic massage until you interrupted us. Go away," Sage told Pat.

I chuckled. Pat rolled his eyes and left the bedroom, closing the door behind him. I climbed off Sage and lay down on my back.

Sage propped her head with her hand and looked at me. "You look exhausted."

"It's been an exhausting year. Between the breakups and us, I need sleep."

"Do you regret us?"

"Nope, but I would like a decent night's sleep."

"It's college. There's no such thing as a decent night's sleep."

I sighed and closed my eyes. Within minutes, I fell asleep. A little nap won't hurt.

*******
Sage

Romeo fell asleep and started snoring. I climbed off the bed and headed downstairs. Rowan was lounging on the couch while scrolling through her phone.

I walked over and leaned on the back of the couch. "Whatcha doing?"

"Checking my email. Why?"

"Because I'm bored."

"Where's Romeo?"

"Snoring."

Rowan chuckled. "Well, you have worn out the poor guy."

"What do you mean?"

Rowan sat up and rested her arm on the back of the couch. "Romeo loves you and spent most of the year doting on you. Pat said he never saw Romeo worry about a girl the way he worries about you. You're everything to him."

"Romeo has this way about him. He makes you feel like you're the only one in the room. I can't even explain it."

"Because Romeo is a true blue with a girl."

"Huh?"

"When he dated Sloane, he never once looked at another girl. Sloane turned psycho on his ass."

"How do you know this?"

"Pat told me."

"What else did Pat say?"