A late night visit

Romeo

I was sleeping and rolled onto my side. The bed shifted, rousing me from sleep. I grabbed my phone, turned on the flashlight, and shined in Sage's face. She gave me a cheeky grin.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"I couldn't sleep."

"So, you thought you would keep me company?"

"I figured if I lay here quietly, you wouldn't kick me out."

"What guy would kick a beautiful girl out of their bed?"

Sage rubbed her chin, then wagged her finger at me. "You're right."

I chuckled, turned off my phone's flashlight, and put it on my nightstand. I pulled Sage to me, and she snuggled into me. Within minutes, I fell asleep.

*******
Sage

I didn't want to startle or wake Romeo, but I didn't want to be alone either. My mind raced with these questions about us. What if he grew tired of me? What if this was a dream? Will we last?

Then thoughts invaded my mind. If I didn't spend time with Romeo, he'd call it off. Sleeping next to him will remind him that I'm still interested. I can't let a girl come near us, or he'll leave me for her.

With Romeo's arms wrapped around me, I can keep girls from getting their hooks in him. No girl will take what's mine.

My mind started to overthink as I tried to sleep. Eventually, I drifted off to sleep.

********
Romeo

I awoke the following day to find Sage cuddling me like a teddy bear. I chuckled softly.

Sage's eyelids fluttered open. She pulled away from me and sat up. "Oh, my God. I'm so sorry."

"Why?" I moved my hands behind my head.

Sage shifted in her spot and played with her fingers. "Because I shouldn't have snuck into your bedroom last night. I don't want to become a stalker chick."

"We live in the same house." I arched my brow.

Sage got out of bed as I rolled to my side. She started pacing. "But that's not the point. I don't want to turn out like Sloane."

I climbed out of bed and placed my hands on Sage's arms to stop her. "Look at me."

Sage faced me.

"I didn't tell you about Sloane because you'll turn out like her. I wanted to be honest with you. You're nothing like Sloane."

"You have to admit that it's creepy for a girl to climb into your bed in the middle of the night."

I chuckled.

"It's not funny."

"It's a little funny." I moved my finger and thumb close together.

"Romeo."

"Sage, if girls didn't want to climb into my bed, my family would question it."

Sage stared at me with a creased forehead until she realized what I meant. She rolled her eyes. "Oh, haha."

I snickered. Sage shook her head. I pulled her to me and captured her lips. She wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed me back.

Sometimes, a girl needs reassurance. But what I thought was comfort will turn out to be a more significant issue with us. I didn't know it yet.

********
Mindy

Cupid's identity became my number one priority when I discovered he deleted the website. I strolled into the room for the school newspaper.